Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foudroyant
    replied
    Zero passages presented where prayer is not worship.

Terrible job by you...again.

Leave a comment:

• apostoli
    replied
    Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    Mary is real. The RCC "Mary" is not.
    What a load of belligerent crap!!!! Mary is a very human Mary whatever Christian Church one belongs to - especially in the RCC, ROC, EOC, OOC, CoE & Lutherans etc! In Christian Churches she is the mother of Jesus Christ's humanity! Possibly, whatever cult you belong to thinks differently (?)

They may not claim she is a God but in action they affirm it. Only God is to be prayed to.
    I remember you reject the inspired scriptures! Especially when they are inconvenient to your opinion. I remember you chucking a major tantrum when I cited the inspired testimony of 1 Chron 29:20 wherein it is explicitly stated that "all the congregation blessed the LORD God (YHWH) of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD (YHWH), and the king (David)".

Show me one passage from the Bible where prayer isn't worship.
    There are hundreds of them. Buy a concordance...

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Mary is real. The RCC "Mary" is not.
    They may not claim she is a God but in action they affirm it.

Only God is to be prayed to.

Show me one passage from the Bible where prayer isn't worship.

Leave a comment:

• apostoli
    replied
    The RCC and others pray to their mythical Mary...
    If Mary is a myth so is Jesus!!! (???????????) Several billion Christians will disagree with your Taliban styled insinuations...

thus the believe she is a god for every time in Scripture prayer takes place it is worship.
    Given your inability to articulate sensibly, I assume you have had one scotch too many and are thoroughly pissed (intoxicated). So I should ignore you! But I've known depression, so I'll extend some Christian compassion towards you...

No one, RCC or otherwise, that I have ever encountered in my longish lifetime has ever proclaimed Mary to be a God. Whether or not she has attained to the expectation of A.Peter is debatable from your perspective,. However, I've never met any Christian, Protestant or otherwise, that assumes Mary did not (has not) attained A.Peter's view of our promise: "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time...." (1 Pe 1:4-5) and "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Pe 1:4).,,,

It is plainly obvious you have a grand deficiency in your knowledge of Christian scripture and culture!!!
    Last edited by apostoli; 08-20-2014, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Can't EVER properly pray without the Spirit.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by Apostoli
    In my RCC experience, when we find ourselves at wits end, when our faith becomes so low that we cannot front up to the Father or the Son, the Spirit intervenes
    That comment (in so far as I have quoted it, and no further) comes far closer to describing the intent of Romans 8:26-27 than anything Foudroyant has presented as an explanation. Apostoli is at least bowling in the proper lane, where Foudroyant has bowled a gutter ball three lanes left of where the verse is. (and there are only two lanes to the proper lane's left.)

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Have you ever tried to take a course in logic? Specifically, look up 'improper syllogism'. They do not believe she is a god because they do not share your interpretation of scripture.
    He does not believe he played basketball because he does not share his parents interpretation of it.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    This is the analogy I have been talking about.
    Explain

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    The RCC and others pray to their mythical Mary...thus the believe she is a god for every time in Scripture prayer takes place it is worship.
    Have you ever tried to take a course in logic? Specifically, look up 'improper syllogism'. They do not believe she is a god because they do not share your interpretation of scripture.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    The so called answer you provided in post #860 was wrong.
    Wow Dunce boy you provided zero proof for your assertion.
    That may work well within your idiot club but do yourself a favor by not employing this technique elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    Post #888.
    This is the analogy I have been talking about.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by apostoli View Post
    As for Mary, the disciples or any of the saints, in my entire longish lifetime in the RCC I have never heard them described as gods
    The RCC and others pray to their mythical Mary...thus the believe she is a god for every time in Scripture prayer takes place it is worship.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Your analogy assumes that the basketball player, ie, Catholics, are lying, but you have no evidence to support your accusation.
    Post #888.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    This should perhaps clue you in to the fact that your opinion of prayer to Mary is in the extreme minority. Perhaps you're aware of this, which is why you seem unable to make a civil reply.
    You ignored what God teaches in Romans 8:26-27.
    Typical

Leave a comment:

• apostoli
    replied
    Another idiot comment that was already dealt with in Post #212.
    ---------------
    This was posted in #688 and #788 and now here is Post #888.

Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven. (Psalm 148:13, NASB)

The only one due praise by every person is God. This is because His name ALONE is exalted. By offering praises (yes, this is prayer here) to Mary the RCC and others who pray to her are assigning her a position which God alone possesses.
    -----------------
    Psalm 65:2
    O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. (KJV)

Myriads of people can go to God in prayer at any time with many requests - and these requests can all be done silently and yet God will fully know them all.
    Your demonic "Mary" does not qualify.
    ------------------
    Still not one prayer from the Bible was cited that isn't worship.

Your "god" has been dethroned.
    Stick your head in a bucket of water, take three deep breathes, and then hold your breathe for three minutes. Then we will be rid of you...

Alternatively, read scripture and get a Christian education...Lets start with Phil 2:9-11

"Wherefore God (the Father) also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and (God the Father has) given him (Jesus) a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Your "god" has been dethroned.
    My God has been enthroned by his Father according to scripture!!!!

Your God (whatever fictitious obsenity you present him to be) is simply non-existent (according to scripture).

As for Mary, the disciples or any of the saints, in my entire longish lifetime in the RCC I have never heard them described as gods (apart from the deranged pretenses of KKK type pretend protestants suffering from alcohol or drug induced delusions).

In my RCC experience, when we find ourselves at wits end, when our faith becomes so low that we cannot front up to the Father or the Son, the Spirit intervenes, who in effect, turns us to the example of the saints who underwent far worse torments than we might encounter, and by focusing on them we can draw strength. In your absolutely secular perspective (your insular atheism) you most likely cannot accept such a perspective...which is a great pity, as apparently you have never experienced a Christian perspective on life...
    Last edited by apostoli; 08-20-2014, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X