Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Permanent !?
    そんなに
    He stole Sparko's bacon. There's no forgiving that.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You may stand down now. Foudroyant managed to make himself persona non grata, and will not be returning.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Permanent !?
    そんなに

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    You may stand down now. Foudroyant managed to make himself persona non grata, and will not be returning.

Leave a comment:

• apostoli
    replied
    Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    Not so doofus. I already proved otherwise but you ignored commenting on what I wrote.
    Impossible to convince a blockhead against their will.
    Doofus, there is not a Hebrew or Greek scholar that would support your ignorance. The original texts say what they say, David was worshiped in equivalence to YHWH (God)!!!

As for what you write, there has been nothing to comment upon! Except, to reveal your total and absolute ignorance (socially, scripturally and grammatically).

It is impossible to convince a moron against their will...try going to drug/alcohol rehabilitation to remediate your schizophrenia. You definitely have a problem, as everyone here at theologyweb recognises...Either see a Christian minister nearest to you or get to your local mental health professional. I recognise your symptoms. I had a son that suffered from your condition, and in his thirtieth year, in his insanity, he climbed under a train and waited for it to move, and as a consequence was decapitated...

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    Yeah we shouldn't misrepresent the basketball player insisting he was playing baseball.

With all the idolatry warned about in the OT and the NT the burden of proof is on those who pray to Mary to show us that God says it's ok to do.
    In addition to the fact that whenever prayer in the Bible took place it was always worship there is also the following:
    When Stephen died loud lamentation was made over him not "to" him (Acts 8:2) and when the apostle James died (Acts 12:2) there is no biblical evidence he was prayed to either. Added to this even after the death of all the other 11 apostles John makes no mention of this abhorrent practice in his later writings (of course no one else wrote in favor of it as well).

Burden of proof is on those who say it is ok to pray to Mary to provide real convincing evidence because the Bible is certainly against what they are doing.
    Everybody has their own burdens. Yours is to support your claim that Catholics believe Mary is a god or retract it. When pressed to apply your basketball analogy consistently, you have already implicitly withdrawn the claim (you do realize that, right?), why not make it official, man up, admit you got overly excited and misspoke. No one will think any less of you; in fact you would gain respect.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    You cared enough before to misrepresent what they say and believe. Misrepresentation is wrong.
    Yeah we shouldn't misrepresent the basketball player insisting he was playing baseball.

With all the idolatry warned about in the OT and the NT the burden of proof is on those who pray to Mary to show us that God says it's ok to do.
    In addition to the fact that whenever prayer in the Bible took place it was always worship there is also the following:
    When Stephen died loud lamentation was made over him not "to" him (Acts 8:2) and when the apostle James died (Acts 12:2) there is no biblical evidence he was prayed to either. Added to this even after the death of all the other 11 apostles John makes no mention of this abhorrent practice in his later writings (of course no one else wrote in favor of it as well).

Burden of proof is on those who say it is ok to pray to Mary to provide real convincing evidence because the Bible is certainly against what they are doing.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by apostoli View Post
    No! Your response is completely empty! Scripture plainly states that David was worshiped in equivalence to the LORD GOD (YHWH) = 1 Chron 29:20

Not so doofus. I already proved otherwise but you ignored commenting on what I wrote.
    Impossible to convince a blockhead against their will.

Leave a comment:

• apostoli
    replied
    Paul dealt with the same thing. There is no God but one by nature (Galatians 4:8) but people can pray to anything/anyone that is not God and they become a "god" for them (1 Corinthians 10:19-20).
    In Deuteronomy it says (to the Isrealites) that they have "one God and Lord". A.Paul turns that around in 1 Corinthians to say we have ONE GOD THE FATHER, and one Lord Jesus Christ... Over three hundred years (until 325CE) the church was plagued by various morons such as you, then at a council, the majority church affirmed (irrefutably) A.Paul's teaching...which has been delivered down to us to this present day...

Which will you have? Your unsupportable predisposition or actual Christianity...
    Last edited by apostoli; 08-21-2014, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• apostoli
    replied
    No, your response is empty.
    No! Your response is completely empty! Scripture plainly states that David was worshiped in equivalence to the LORD GOD (YHWH) = 1 Chron 29:20 wherein it is explicitly stated that "all the congregation blessed the LORD God (YHWH) of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshiped the LORD (YHWH), and the king (David)".

You can ignore and discredit scripture all you want. Unfortunately, for us that acknowledge scripture as inspired of God, scripture refutes your basic premise on what worship is and to whom it is directed...basically it is simply a matter of linguistics. Unfortunately, you are too infantile to have a mature comprehension. Keep to the milk, it may make you prosper!

It is obvious you have no response to the inspired scriptures...which accounts for your attempt at infantile diversions...
    Last edited by apostoli; 08-21-2014, 08:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    i dont care what they say they believe just like the idiot basketball player who believes he is playing baseball. the facts speak otherwise to what all those morons say.
    You cared enough before to misrepresent what they say and believe. Misrepresentation is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    I understand all that. That is not the what I am asking you. Here is my question for you:

A. Catholics believe Mary is a god.

B. Catholics do not believe Mary is a god.

C. Both of the above.

D. None of the above.
    i dont care what they say they believe just like the idiot basketball player who believes he is playing baseball. the facts speak otherwise to what all those morons say.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    No passage can be cited that defines prayer as worship. And the Bible does show that people are legitimately prayed to - except when that prayer is a specific type, which is reserved for addressing a deity. Even that form of prayer is not defined as worship - it is simply done on occasion within the context of worship - which your extra-biblical references also state.
    Every one is worship.

Simple and correct.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    They offer them silent prayers and feel confident that they hear them.

And....not one passage in the Bible can be cited where prayer is not worship.
    No passage can be cited that defines prayer as worship. And the Bible does show that people are legitimately prayed to - except when that prayer is a specific type, which is reserved for addressing a deity. Even that form of prayer is not defined as worship - it is simply done on occasion within the context of worship - which your extra-biblical references also state.

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    Trainreck you are pathetic.
    I explain this over and over and you just are so dense.

Pay real close attention now.....

By praying to Mary the RCC has made her into their God.
    Ontologically the biblical Mary is not God.
    But the heretical CATHOLIC Mary is a God to them.
    I understand all that. That is not the what I am asking you. Here is my question for you:

A. Catholics believe Mary is a god.

B. Catholics do not believe Mary is a god.

C. Both of the above.

D. None of the above.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X