Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It already condemns prayer that is not to God......100% of the time.

That's not clear enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      It already condemns prayer that is not to God......100% of the time.

That's not clear enough?
      You're confusing your interpretation with what the Bible actually says. Which is your usual modus operandi.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Thanks for another assertion without proof. Go squeal somewhere else pig boy.

Comment

It already condemns prayer that is not to God......100% of the time.

That's not clear enough?
          As you yourself admitted, the Bible says nothing whatsoever, either positive or negative, about dulia.

Nowhere in the Bible is anything that is comparable to Catholic theology on this matter condemned or approved or even directly mentioned.
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Because dulia is a prayer myth.
            No one knew about it at that time until the some heretics came along and thought it up. Heresy can take many twists, forms and turns.

The Bible never ever makes a distinction but somehow the RCC got it right. Right? No way.
            Last edited by foudroyant; 07-31-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Because dulia is a prayer myth.
              No one knew about it at that time until the some heretics came along and thought it up.
              The claim that it was devised by heretics is an assertion without proof-- or, perhaps, circular logic. Because you believe that it is heresy, you conclude anyone who believes it must be a heretic, but you do not have either the ecclesiastical authority or even sufficient Biblical support to do so.

The Bible never ever makes a distinction but somehow the RCC got it. Right? No way.
              The Bible never says "Trinity," but we seem to have gotten that part right.

Comment

• I have Luke 4:8 to do so. Prayer is due unto God ONLY - it doesn't have to list every created being or created thing in the universe. God alone - all else is a no no.
                There is BIBLICAL proof for the Trinity. Zero biblical proof for dulia.

Comment

Thanks for another assertion without proof. Go squeal somewhere else pig boy.
                  That might hurt, if I had an ounce of respect for you and it was actually clever. Your insults are as pathetic as your eisegesis.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• The no proof pig strikes again!

Comment

I have Luke 4:8 to do so. Prayer is due unto God ONLY - it doesn't have to list every created being or thing in the universe. God alone - all else is a no no.
                      Again, that's about latria, not dulia. You can't say on one hand that the Bible says nothing about dulia while also arguing that it condemns it. Get your story straight.

Their is BIBLICAL proof for the Trinity. Zero proof for dulia.
                      Where does the Bible explicitly distinguish between trinitarianism and polytheism? If it doesn't make the distinction, it must be because trinitarianism was devised by heretics. Gosh, foud, your version of logic is fun.

Comment

The no proof pig strikes again!
                        What part of his statement requires proof?

Comment

• Again because there is no such thing in the Bible as dulia when it comes to prayer. Nowhere!

Deal with facts and not fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                            What part of his statement requires proof?
                            Ask him idiot.

Comment

Ask him idiot.
                              I think his post speaks for itself pretty well. I ask you what part of it requires proof because I want to know why you think it does.

Comment

• I don't communicate with pigs.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X