Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is not for Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I doubt that any Pentecostal would be in the least discomfited by your claims, but not being a Pentecostal, I couldn't say that with certainty.

Your lame attempt to denigrate other people fails to cover your incompetence when it comes to assessing scripture.
    Do you know of any cults you speak out against? You are called to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

Do you know of any cults you speak out against? You are called to do so.
      So does that mean I am "called" to speak out against you and your anti-Pentecostal cult?
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Given that you have been unable to substantiate your claims about baptism in the Holy Spirit, it stands to reason that you will be unable to substantiate your equally specious claims about the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
        In every thread of his I've looked at so far, before the first page is filled he flatly contradicts his OP and usually isn't even aware of it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          In every thread of his I've looked at so far, before the first page is filled he flatly contradicts his OP and usually isn't even aware of it.
          Provide an example or be found a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

So does that mean I am "called" to speak out against you and your anti-Pentecostal cult?
            So you are guilty of the same thing you accuse me of. Isn't this hypocrisy?

Comment

Further proof Pentecostalism is a false movement. In the scriptures, people who spoke in tongues knew what they were saying. Today's tongue speakers do not. How is this? Paul says knowing what is said edifies. And tongue speakers knew what they were saying and became edified. Today's tongue speakers are not edified because they know not what they say.

Comment

Provide an example or be found a liar.
                The most amusing example of you going back and forth contradicting yourself wasn't a thread you started but rather one you sought to derail...

But you specifically told us to "look what happened since Carter" and that

As I see it, Carter was a righteous standard God used to confirm the wickedness of the American people, when they voted him out. Things got bad ever since then leading to where we are now.

You proclaimed that "America is under judgment" as the result of voting Carter out was an act of wickedness for which God judged us, but it appears that God approved since He granted us 20 years of peace and prosperity.

You've also been all over the map when it comes to what followed Carter, when "the wickedness" of the American people were "under judgment."

First, when I pointed out that any judgment must have included blessing us with "one of the strongest economies and periods of prosperity lasting for two decades" you replied

Thank God for that.

But as soon as you realized what you had said we got

You see money, the love of which is the root of all evil, and all evil including war as a reward without penalty.

Which fell apart under its own inanity when it was pointed out that the period also was not just one of prosperity but one of peace.

So the judgment for removing Carter was 20 years of peace and prosperity.

And with that you did a desperate 180 degree spin on a dime proclaiming, after saying "Thank God" for it

What peace? What prosperity?

You later added (after I again reminded you of when) "I doubt if 911 and its repercussions would have happened under Carter," which makes me wonder that if in whatever corner of the Twilight Zone you inhabit, you think that Carter could have even remained president from 1976 to 2001.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The most amusing example of you going back and forth contradicting yourself wasn't a thread you started but rather one you sought to derail...

No contradiction. You call money good when the love of it is the root of all evil and explains all of America's unjust wars.

Comment

I doubt that any Pentecostal would be in the least discomfited by your claims, but not being a Pentecostal, I couldn't say that with certainty.

Your lame attempt to denigrate other people fails to cover your incompetence when it comes to assessing scripture.
                    Some would be either angry or sad, in both cases believing he comes close to despising the work of the Spirit and possibly attributing it to demons.

Most would have an attitude more like, "Whatever you say, Punkinhead. Bless your heart."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Some would be either angry or sad, in both cases believing he comes close to despising the work of the Spirit and possibly attributing it to demons.

Most would have an attitude more like, "Whatever you say, Punkinhead. Bless your heart."
                      Do you know that American Pentecostalism came from a mixture of voodoo tongues with Wesly Methodism?

https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Penteco.../dp/1500858080

Comment

So you are guilty of the same thing you accuse me of. Isn't this hypocrisy?
                        It's a question. Unless I misunderstood something, you believe Pentecostalism is a cult. You asserted we -- or at least the one specific person you addressed -- are/is called to speak out against cults. In my view, the intensity of your anti-Pentecostalism is cultic. Since that is my belief, do you believe I am therefore "called" to speak out against you?

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

It's a question. Unless I misunderstood something, you believe Pentecostalism is a cult. You asserted we -- or at least the one specific person you addressed -- are/is called to speak out against cults. In my view, the intensity of your anti-Pentecostalism is cultic. Since that is my belief, do you believe I am therefore "called" to speak out against you?
                          Check its source and tell me it isn't a cult. https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Penteco.../dp/1500858080

Comment

Do you know that American Pentecostalism came from a mixture of voodoo tongues with Wesly Methodism?

https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Penteco.../dp/1500858080

Thanks for that.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Check its source and tell me it isn't a cult. https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Penteco.../dp/1500858080
                              No, I'll stick with books by reputable Biblical scholars and exegetes. I can recommend a few if you like.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Thanks for that.
                                According to Curtis Edwards, Pagan Pentecostalism: Its Roots: Sex, Sin & Slavery, Voodoo was the religion of African slaves. And even before slavery they would voodoo any religion they took part in. They had voodoo Catholicism for the main part.

The after coming to Haitian and American shores, they voodooed whatever religion they encountered. Voodoo Methodism and voodoo Baptist churches, were common in Louisiana.

Wm. Seymour tried to voodoo the Church of God (Anderson) but got expelled. Shortly thereafter, he voodooed his Wesley Methodism at Azusa street in Los Angeles. He thought voodoo tongues were the same as Bible tongues. This became the Assemblies of God denomination with the Oneness United Pentecostal Church splitting off from them over their antitrinitarian views.

Curtis Edwards

Edwards, Curtis. Pagan Pentecostalism: Its Roots: Sex, Sin & Slavery . Kindle Edition.

Also
                                Speaking in Tongues: Glossalalia and Stress Reduction

Mental aillness among Pentecostals. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8088740/

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X