X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Personally, I think that, since the Father is working today through His Son and the Holy Spirit, that God is a "given", and need not be represented in form.
    Right. The symbols for the Father have been the Son and (secondarily) the Spirit.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
    I think my church uses the Ten Commandments in the stain glass windows up front, but it could possibly mean something else.
    They usually represent the law and the Mosaic covenant.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Personally, I think that, since the Father is working today through His Son and the Holy Spirit, that God is a "given", and need not be represented in form.

When we think of the three members of the Godhead present at the same time, we have a Dove descending representing the Holy Spirit, Jesus in the water at the Baptism, and God is "the voice".

Come to think of it - the Wahwahwah sound from off screen in the Peanuts cartoons kinda shows the difficulty in "imaging" God in some kind of logo.
    Good points.

I dunno, it seems off. I could easily add a nimbus but that's not specific.

Leave a comment:

• Knowing Thomas
    replied
    I think my church uses the Ten Commandments in the stain glass windows up front, but it could possibly mean something else.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

When we think of the three members of the Godhead present at the same time, we have a Dove descending representing the Holy Spirit, Jesus in the water at the Baptism, and God is "the voice".

Come to think of it - the Wahwahwah sound from off screen in the Peanuts cartoons kinda shows the difficulty in "imaging" God in some kind of logo.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    started a topic Symbols of God the Father

Symbols of God the Father

I'm working on a logo for our church. Two elements come from the architecture and happen to represent the Son and the Holy Spirit. I was thinking I should include an element to represent the Father but most are too complex to use (hand of God, for example). An aspect will work but the one the book came up with was the cross (symbol of God's love) which most people will attribute to the Son.

I'm just looking for the symbols - other than all seeing eye and hand of God, can anyone think of any others?