Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What do Fundamentalist Christians think of non-fundamentalist Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Fundamentalist Christians think of non-fundamentalist Christians?

What do Fundamentalist Christians think of non-fundamentalist Christians?
    I am become death...

Generally? That non-fundamentalist Christians are not Christian.

That has been my experience.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I thought that only cult groups think they're the only True Christianstm? There may be overlap though between fundies and cults.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

At the very least most fundamentalists I've encountered well think Catholicism is a great apostasy.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I grew up Fundamentalist and I was trained to believe that people who didn't believe like me or worship like my church (especially the baptist church which was founded by God) were not Christians. Christians were hard to find in other denominations, and all denominations that were liturgical never preached "the Gospel" Obviously this isn't true.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            I thought that only cult groups think they're the only True Christianstm? There may be overlap though between fundies and cults.

Please read the op in thread I started in the Rolling Pin regarding this.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Please read the op in thread i started in the rolling pin regarding this.
              idgi..
              I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Anastasia Dragule View Post
                idgi..
                I don't know what that means.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I don't get it, is my guess.

Comment

idgi. I don't get it.

That said,..

Oh, I get it now. Use the definition of fundamentalist from your thread to answer the perspective question in mine. I would like another source for yours first, either from your or from another poster. ARe there perhaps different groups of fundamentalists that would hold different views?

I am assuming from your response that you would say that they are Christian?
                    Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-16-2015, 08:54 PM.
                    I am become death...

Comment

There is a serious confusion here as to what a fundamentalist really is. The term is not a clear one.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                        Generally? That non-fundamentalist Christians are not Christian.

That has been my experience.
                        Why would they not be?
                        I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Anastasia Dragule View Post
                          idgi. I don't get it.

That said,..

Oh, I get it now. Use the definition of fundamentalist from your thread to answer the perspective question in mine. I would like another source for yours first, either from your or from another poster.

Please also feel free to answer the question.
                          My source is my own observation of the fundamentals that a Christian should believe in. Found in scripture. And brought into the light by the Holy Spirit.

Comment

My source is my own observation of the fundamentals that a Christian should believe in. Found in scripture. And brought into the light by the Holy Spirit.

You would say that a non-fundamentalist Christian is a Christian or probably not a Christian?
                            I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              There is a serious confusion here as to what a fundamentalist really is. The term is not a clear one.
                              Given that different groups would identify as fundamentalist, and sometimes the definitions change a little, yes. Ok, so, same questions, but please also include source of answer, definition, etc.
                              I am become death...

Comment