Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

North Korean Christians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korean Christians

I stumbled across this website today, which is well worth a read. There are actually brave people who have escaped from North Korea who return to spread the gospel, knowing it will lead to torture and execution.

http://www.northkoreanchristians.com/index.html
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

And yet you don't hear a peep out of the same people in a hysterical outrage about the Paris shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I stumbled across this website today, which is well worth a read. There are actually brave people who have escaped from North Korea who return to spread the gospel, knowing it will lead to torture and execution.

http://www.northkoreanchristians.com/index.html
      I saw a special on that the other night -- maybe on Netflix. It was quite moving.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        And yet you don't hear a peep out of the same people in a hysterical outrage about the Paris shooting.
        Your post puzzles me.
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          Your post puzzles me.
          Me too...

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
            Your post puzzles me.
            What happened to the whole "bring back our girls" campaign against Boko Haram that was all the social media rage a few months ago? In fact, almost at the same time of the Paris shooting, Boko Haram destroyed a town and slaughtered (not 20) hundreds of people. A couple weeks from now, everyone will forget about the Paris tragedy and move on to the next political tragedy fad. Media controls what it wants people to be outraged about, was my point.

Comment

I think most people distinguish between missionaries who intentionally go into harm's way and get killed, versus Frenchmen minding their own business and still get killed. That's the difference.

Obviously, though, God cares more about the Christians than about the atheist Frenchmen. And I guess theoretically we should, too.

Comment

Or laying it out diagrammatically:

Atheist media outraged at religious fundamentalists repressing atheistic media.

Computes.

Atheist media outraged at atheistic government repressing religious fundamentalists.

Does not compute.

Comment

Posted in wrong section, sorry
                  Last edited by pancreasman; 01-17-2015, 01:19 AM. Reason: stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                    Obviously, though, God cares more about the Christians than about the atheist Frenchmen. And I guess theoretically we should, too.
                    Is there biblical support for this?
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, God being "no respecter of persons".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps he was being sarcastic?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Perhaps he was being sarcastic?
                          One could hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                            I think most people distinguish between missionaries who intentionally go into harm's way and get killed, versus Frenchmen minding their own business and still get killed. That's the difference.

They were committing blasphemy against Christ too. So it depends on what you mean by "care." For all we know, it could have been God's vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by King's Gambit
                              Psalm 116:15
                              Precious in the sight of the Lord
                              is the death of his saints.

Psalm 37:23
                              The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

Comment