Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pluralism and Acts 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Are posters here claiming that Allah IS God?
    Looks like I've found a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      Looks like I've found a few.
      So, as supposed proof that you found a "few", you link to ONE post by Robrecht....

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      I do not know a lot about Islam, but I do know that they have a different, low christology, and believe that God also acted in history through Mohammed. I don't believe that but I don't think that means they are idolaters. When I think of idolatry, I think of worshipping something man-made or something created instead of the creator. I don't think Muslims do this; rather I think their focus on the oneness and transcendence of God is pretty much the opposite of idolatry.
      Now, the question to which you snitted was "Are posters here claiming that Allah IS God?"

So, two simple questions....
      1) How does Robrecht represent "a few" posters?
      B) Where is he claiming that Allah IS God?

And all this after your initial response was....
      Not here, perhaps.
      Did this keep you up nights?
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-29-2014, 09:38 AM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

(Just a reminder, in the OP, I said I wanted to keep this away from just being a discussion on whether Allah is God.)
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          (Just a reminder, in the OP, I said I wanted to keep this away from just being a discussion on whether Allah is God.)
          Ah, thanks... I shall abandon the topic and allow the Papster to pretend he has won another victory.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I'm actually interested in reading some opinions on this question, so I think I'll start a thread on that now.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I'm actually interested in reading some opinions on this question, so I think I'll start a thread on that now.
              It's definitely worth discussing.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Ah, thanks... I shall abandon the topic and allow the Papster to pretend he has won another victory.

Not everything is a contest, CP.

Comment

iron e.jpg

Comment

The 'debate' between you and lilpixie ('No Room at the Inn' thread) .....would like a word with you.

Comment

The usual banality, I see.

For all your accusations of aggressiveness, who saw competition when there was none here?

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        The 'debate' between you and lilpixie ('No Room at the Inn' thread) .....would like a word with you.
                        Ah, the retard.

Lilpix started that exchange by attacking me, you unobservant dimwit.

Comment

Ah, the retard.

Lilpix started that exchange by attacking me, you unobservant dimwit.
                          You forgot the smiley.

And who 'started' it doesn't change the fact that it's a 'contest' between you two.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                            You forgot the smiley.
                            I haven't sufficiently interacted with you to draw that conclusion.

Though I must say that the evidence is accruing at an alarming rate.

Edit: I now remember.

As you wish:

Comment

Sorry KG, I'll try to stop feeding LilPap in your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812
                                posted today @5:01 am on the "No Room at the Inn" thread

directed at me, in response to this post:
                                See my edit above. My memory isn't perfect, especially when I do employ the mind bleach to try to erase all memories of idiotic posts.

But it isn't always effective, as really exceptional posts are nearly unforgettable. Now you know what to do to make an impact.

Comment