Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

So, WHO is Joseph Prince, and what's he all about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, WHO is Joseph Prince, and what's he all about?

OK, I installed my attic antenna so I can get FREE TV and I'm checking out the channels.

I have come across several Christian Channels on which Joseph Prince seems to be prevalent.

Yeah, he's weird, and has some kind of accent, but what's he all about? Is he orthodox, albeit "different"?

So far, it sounds like his teaching is actually bible based, but I've only seen a little bit.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

He is Word of Faith.

Turn him off.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      He is Word of Faith.

Turn him off.
      I suspected as much. Just has that "feel".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have a link to a list of these types I will post here as soon as I can get to my laptop.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

http://www.forgottenword.org/false.html

I recommend you check out some stuff by Justin Peters. He is a young man with cerebral palsy who has made it his life's ministry to refute these health and prosperity false teachers.

http://justinpeters.org/a-call-for-discernment/

His Clouds Without Water seminar is well worth the few dollars for the dvds.

Comment

http://www.forgottenword.org/false.html

I recommend you check out some stuff by Justin Peters. He is a young man with cerebral palsy who has made it his life's ministry to refute these health and prosperity false teachers.

http://justinpeters.org/a-call-for-discernment/

His Clouds Without Water seminar is well worth the few dollars for the dvds.
            Interesting! Thanks!

Comment

I learned so much from the Clouds Without Water stuff.

Did you know that this particular movement has half a BILLION followers world-wide? I was stunned when I heard that! (Not from Clouds Without Water, but from the Strange Fire stuff from John MacArthur, also extremely informative! http://www.gty.org/resources/sermon-...0fire%20videos)

It is the fastest growing movement in the world, even beyond the Mormons!

And it is SO deadly!

Comment

I learned so much from the Clouds Without Water stuff.

Did you know that this particular movement has half a BILLION followers world-wide? I was stunned when I heard that! (Not from Clouds Without Water, but from the Strange Fire stuff from John MacArthur, also extremely informative! http://www.gty.org/resources/sermon-...0fire%20videos)

It is the fastest growing movement in the world, even beyond the Mormons!

And it is SO deadly!
                What got you interested in this?

Comment

My kid MelMak. He heard about Justin Peters from a friend, and passed the info on to me. He bought Peters' DVDs, and then a year ago Grace to You held the Strange Fire conference, which allowed us to get more insight into the movement.

And you know we follow MacArthur, so it was a natural fit for us.

I was so unaware of the deception behind this movement, and am very passionate about sending the message along about these false teachers. My Bible study girls (all 3 of them in the little study I lead) are always asking me about this person or that that their churches bring in studies from for their "small groups". So I do the research and give them the info and they have stopped going to many of the so-called Bible studies their churches are doing.

It is endlessly fascinating and repellent at the same time to watch these liars. Like a train wreck, but with far worse consequences for those who follow them.

Comment

My kid MelMak. He heard about Justin Peters from a friend, and passed the info on to me. He bought Peters' DVDs, and then a year ago Grace to You held the Strange Fire conference, which allowed us to get more insight into the movement.

And you know we follow MacArthur, so it was a natural fit for us.

I was so unaware of the deception behind this movement, and am very passionate about sending the message along about these false teachers. My Bible study girls (all 3 of them in the little study I lead) are always asking me about this person or that that their churches bring in studies from for their "small groups". So I do the research and give them the info and they have stopped going to many of the so-called Bible studies their churches are doing.

It is endlessly fascinating and repellent at the same time to watch these liars. Like a train wreck, but with far worse consequences for those who follow them.
                    Again -- Interesting! Thanks!

Comment

Comment

No TWeb thread in Christianity 201 that lists and maybe discusses "Christian" groups to beware of?
                        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...etical-beliefs
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks Billy! I quickly subscribed. Now the odds that I'd be misled have dramatically dropped, to less than the odds Al Gore will be proven right.
                            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Thanks for that. Fitting you started with Creflo Dollar. What a skunk.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment