Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Controversy on Christianity Today's website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    figured you'd take the bait and roll in the mire with it.

learn the dynamics of the english language.
    In your self revelation, I detected a need, an outreach to Christ. I still suspect in your juvenile rebellion a want...

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      You'd think that Moses being one of the people at Jesus' Transfiguration would connote some sort of acceptance of his writings...
      In your theology who is it that you promote? Jesus? Moses? or Elijah?

The Jewish expectation was that Elijah would return, Jesus identifies John the Baptist as Elijah representatively reborn (Mt 11:13-14)...

The fact remains that Moses' ordinances can be ignored by Christians!!! The question is why. The obvious answer is that they did not carry the authority of God (YHWH). If they had, then we would be obligated to them...

Comment

• A want? You continue to want to keep repeating the same stupid things that have already been refuted.
        Elsewhere you attacked King David, here you attack Moses and you repeatedly appeal to 1 Chronicles 29:20 when I have already refuted your pathetic assertion. But in true heretic form instead of not mentioning it again or even perhaps supplying better information for your assertion you simply regurgitate the same thing.
        Last edited by foudroyant; 06-26-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

A want?
          Yep! Apparently you have yet to find God or Christ. My suspicion is you want to, but have hit a brick wall...

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
          You continue to want to keep repeating the same stupid things that have already been refuted.
          What refutation? Definitely nothing scriptural from you!!! And you are the only person I have detected is being offensive to me. You, in your absolute ignorance do not have any influence upon me. I am proudly RCC and unlike you am supported in my beliefs by Orthodox Theology (RCC, ROC, EOC, OOC, CoE, Lutheran etc etc etc etc)

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
          Elsewhere you attacked King David, here you attack Moses and you repeatedly appeal to 1 Chronicles 29:20 when I have already refuted your pathetic assertion. But in true heretic form instead of not mentioning it again or even perhaps supplying better information for your assertion you simply regurgitate the same thing.
          I've attacked no one! All I've done is recite the facts of scripture...nothing I have related is in any way not common knowledge and nothing I have related is in anyway rejected by the Christian churches or Judaism. All I've done is state the biblical facts...if you can't accept what is written...that's your problem...
          Last edited by apostoli; 06-26-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apostoli
            nothing I have related is in any way not common knowledge and nothing I have related is in anyway rejected by the Christian churches or Judaism.
            You seriously don't think any of the churches would object to your argument that Moses was a false prophet, and that David was a blasphemer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
              You seriously don't think any of the churches would object to your argument that Moses was a false prophet, and that David was a blasphemer?
              Given I have not made either accusation why would anyone object to what I have related directly from the inspired scriptural witness???

Is it possible that you reject the inspired scriptures when they inconvenience you?

Comment

• Oh, okay, so he just wrote a bunch of laws and falsely attributed them to God, but he was not actually a false prophet...

Comment

Oh, okay, so he just wrote a bunch of laws and falsely attributed them to God, but he was not actually a false prophet...
                  If you had read scripture you would know that Moses' wasn't a prophet, for to the prophets YHWH sent visions and dreams but he spoke directly to Moses (cp. Numbers 12:6-8).

Comment

• Deuteronomy 18:17-18
                    And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Comment

• Originally posted by apostoli View Post
                      If you had read scripture you would know that Moses' wasn't a prophet, for to the prophets YHWH sent visions and dreams but he spoke directly to Moses (cp. Numbers 12:6-8).
                      Dude, seriously? Do you even read the Bible?

Deuteronomy 18:14-16
                      New American Standard Bible (NASB)
                      14 For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do so.

15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your [a]countrymen, you shall listen to him. 16 This is according to all that you asked of the Lord your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.’

Comment

• The apostoli apostasy continues....

Comment

Deuteronomy 18:17-18
                          And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
                          If you do some research you'll find that the capitalised Prophet of the KJV is different to a mere prophet. The Hebrew of Deut 18:15 & 18 is more readily translated "Spokesman', for as Numbers 12 makes plain whereas God (YHWH) made himself known to the prophets (lower case) in visions, and spoke to them in dreams (Num 12:6) but to Moses (and in the one like unto him = Deut 18:18) "With him I [YHWH] speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the LORD [YHWH]." (Num 12:8).
                          Last edited by apostoli; 06-27-2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            Dude, seriously? Do you even read the Bible?

Deuteronomy 18:14-16
                            New American Standard Bible (NASB)
                            14 For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do so.

15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your [a]countrymen, you shall listen to him. 16 This is according to all that you asked of the Lord your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.’
                            Dude, Have you read the Bible? Read Numbers 12 & Deut 18 and you might get a clue!!!! See my post to Obsidian #237...

Comment

The apostoli apostasy continues....
                              More prattle from possibly the most biblically ignorant person I have ever encountered...

Comment

• Titus 3:10

People, he is all yours.

Moving on......

Comment