Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Persecution in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Pray, I mean literally, this doesn't change.

Californians leaving for Texas.
    We have been, we have several Pastor Response networks, and I regularly attend, and testify if needed, in Austin on these matters.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Pray, I mean literally, this doesn't change.

Californians leaving for Texas.
      My only concern about the Californians moving to Texas is that they'll forget WHY they left California, and continue voting for Democrats.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So many of those leaving California for Texas (or from the northeast to Florida) say they are doing so due to the crime, corruption and confiscatory taxes, but then immediately vote for those who policies are identical to the ones that brought about those problems in the first place.

What is it they say about insanity being repeating the same actions over and over expecting a different outcome?
        Yeah, that.

Comment

In Denmark churches were allowed to keep running as long as there was a certain distance between the members of the congregation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            In Denmark churches were allowed to keep running as long as there was a certain distance between the members of the congregation.
            That's an awful long commute to be able to attend church.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

This from yesterday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AyZjLN7q15I

I will fix the stupid link later.

Stupid iPad.
              Last edited by mossrose; 08-04-2020, 12:04 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

rogue powaz activate! Form of a working link
                Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                This from yesterday.

I will fix the stupid link later.

Stupid iPad.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  rogue powaz activate! Form of a working link
                  Bless you, dear friend!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                    That's an awful long commute to be able to attend church.
                    One music minister said "a church alive is worth the drive."

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      That's why I have said many times that if I were given the opportunity I would move to LA in order to be able to attend GCC.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        We got a phone call from an older couple 55 miles from our Church asking if they could come worship with us last Sunday.
                        Naturally, we said yes, and they were with us, and BOY can they sing!!!

A little over ONE HOUR DRIVE one way to come to Church!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          We got a phone call from an older couple 55 miles from our Church asking if they could come worship with us last Sunday.
                          Naturally, we said yes, and they were with us, and BOY can they sing!!!

A little over ONE HOUR DRIVE one way to come to Church!!
                          Your church would be my second choice.

Comment

I listened to this three times just to be thorough. I don't think John McArthur is using the numbers correctly at the beginning. I suspect there are more COVID-19 cases in his church than he's aware of.

He gets on better ground when he gets back to the spiritual aspects. I commend him for stating the superiority of obedience to God over the government. Unfortunately he then tries to make his church and the government friends. Sorry but I think he needs to wake up to the new reality that government, especially the California government, is no longer a friend to the church. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's about to discover that reality the hard way when the government imposes it's temporal power over him and his church.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              That's why I have said many times that if I were given the opportunity I would move to LA in order to be able to attend GCC.
                              I was thinking of going there. I'm in a church group that meets in a synagogue. So, our church organization could not choose on its own to defy unconstitutional orders.

Comment

He has only said that the numbers are correct as far as they are aware regarding people in the church with symptoms or the actual virus. It's very possible that there are more cases than they know of.

And he is FULLY aware that the government is not the friend of the church. He is commenting on situations in the past where that relationship has been certainly better than it is now. I have been listening to his messages for 41 years, and I know there are times in the past where he has gone head to head with government and I don't recall him ever saying that "we are friends with the government" over the directions of the sovereign will of God. He has said in other statements that he is completely aware that there are going to be possible repercussions such as fines or even jail. And they've already shut the church coffeehouse down last Monday following the first open service.

His church followed the virus guidelines for 21 weeks. It was only when Newsome said that churches were not essential and would not be allowed to reopen that MacArthur and the elders of the church decided that the government at this point has overstepped their authority and it is time to obey God and not man.
                                Last edited by mossrose; 08-04-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment