Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Persecution in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    The judge would not let the county cancel the lease for the parking lot!

So the church didn't lose those 180 spaces, but also have the 150 spaces at the synagogue every week!

God is SO gracious!
    When did THAT happen?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

When did THAT happen?
      Not sure when it happened, but the city was set to take over the parking area on Oct. 01. The last court hearing that I am aware of was just over a week ago. So it must have been decided at that hearing. MacArthur announced that this morning. GCC used the synagogue parking lot last Sunday, and again today.

I have this picture in my head of God laughing at the county and other authorities and saying, "you think you can stop me by your petty behaviour. Think again!".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• In news from NY, Governor Cuomo is threatening to close religious establishments that don't abide by his restrictions. He seems especially targeting Orthodox Jewish communities in NYC. Since everyone here has obediently rolled over at his command, they'll follow his orders.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          In news from NY, Governor Cuomo is threatening to close religious establishments that don't abide by his restrictions. He seems especially targeting Orthodox Jewish communities in NYC. Since everyone here has obediently rolled over at his command, they'll follow his orders.
          If all this can be happening under Trump's watch, just think what will happen if... and I note IF... Biden and the Dems take control and start packing the courts with their progressive loonies. They're going to drop an authoritarian boot the likes of which this country has never seen before. Biden has even openly admitted that he's going to make federal mandates based on the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

If all this can be happening under Trump's watch, just think what will happen if... and I note IF... Biden and the Dems take control and start packing the courts with their progressive loonies. They're going to drop an authoritarian boot the likes of which this country has never seen before. Biden has even openly admitted that he's going to make federal mandates based on the pandemic.
            I think in a few years when we can look back on the "Covid-19 era" I think one of the things we'll see is how much of our civil liberties we lost in this time period. And I think religious liberty will be one of the biggest losers.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

I think in a few years when we can look back on the "Covid-19 era" I think one of the things we'll see is how much of our civil liberties we lost in this time period. And I think religious liberty will be one of the biggest losers.
              I think this election is pretty much do or die (putting aside of course the expected issues with the ballots and chaos that that will undoubtedly bring). I mean what's eventually coming is inevitable, but maybe we can stave it off for a few more years or so. I really don't like being a pessimist; I want to be hopeful.

Comment

• Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The video does not work for me within your post.
                  The title is Open Your Church by MacArthur
                  The link to it is https://www.facebook.com/JohnMacArth...9268771909715/

Comment

• Thanks, mike. It works for me, but I have a history of issues with videos and stuff not doing what I want them to do.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

In news from NY, Governor Cuomo is threatening to close religious establishments that don't abide by his restrictions. He seems especially targeting Orthodox Jewish communities in NYC. Since everyone here has obediently rolled over at his command, they'll follow his orders.
                      As I projected, religious gathers are now further restricted in NY and the courts so far are siding with Governor Cuomo. https://www.whec.com/national/religi...90098/?cat=565

Comment

I don't know, rogue-y. I know that the attorney for GCC is working hard for the church. Hopefully she has thought of all the contingencies there are. MacArthur said at the beginning that the church (in general) has support from Washington, but he didn't elaborate.
                        Jenna Ellis, cited in that Facebook quote, is a Trump legal advisor, in addition to her work there for Thomas Moore and J-Mac.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Jenna Ellis, cited in that Facebook quote, is a Trump legal advisor, in addition to her work there for Thomas Moore and J-Mac.
                          Yup. And MacArthur has stated since that Trump has spoken to him personally and GCC has his support.

Comment

• ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• This just in. There was to be a court case today. Moot now.

https://www.gracechurch.org/news/pos...aMYJ40P-kX3ti4

Outbreak Restrictions Lifted

We are glad to announce that we received a notice from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, November 12, saying that we have been cleared of COVID-19 outbreak. After a thorough investigation, Public Health officials have decided to rescind all outbreak related requirements and restrictions on Grace Community Church.

Comment

This just in. There was to be a court case today. Moot now.

https://www.gracechurch.org/news/pos...aMYJ40P-kX3ti4

Outbreak Restrictions Lifted

We are glad to announce that we received a notice from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, November 12, saying that we have been cleared of COVID-19 outbreak. After a thorough investigation, Public Health officials have decided to rescind all outbreak related requirements and restrictions on Grace Community Church.
                                Interesting. Los Angeles County decided they would lose in court and did not want to have a court decision against their unconstitutional coronavirus activities.

It was much easier to declare GCC as a covid-19-free zone.

But yay for GCC

Comment