Laminin and the Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminin and the Cross

I came across this very interesting video.

Please note, I do NOT recommend using this as "proof" of Creation - for that, we rely on the truth of the Word of God.

I just found it very interesting.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Also, I'll be quick to point out that the video indicates that laminin is "in the perfect shape of a cross". That's not exactly correct -- the scientific schematic, or representation, of laminin appears very much like a cross. The actual molecule is much less defined.

laminin.jpeg As opposed to microscopic laminin.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Since every party requires the prerequisite pooper:

From Christian Post:

Source: The Laminin's Cross-Shape Does Not Make the Case for the Christian Faith

Source

© Copyright Original Source

From Reasons to Believe:

Source: Crossed off the List: Is the Cross Shape of Laminin Evidence for the Creator?

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Also, I'll be quick to point out that the video indicates that laminin is "in the perfect shape of a cross". That's not exactly correct -- the scientific schematic, or representation, of laminin appears very much like a cross. The actual molecule is much less defined.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40260[/ATTACH] As opposed to [ATTACH=CONFIG]40261[/ATTACH]
        Or

Laminin.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40260[/ATTACH] As opposed to [ATTACH=CONFIG]40261[/ATTACH]
          Looks much like a caduceus.
          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Since every party requires the prerequisite pooper:
            Which is exactly why I included the comments...

Please note, I do NOT recommend using this as "proof" of Creation - for that, we rely on the truth of the Word of God.
            And....

I just found it very interesting.

Comment

Which is exactly why I included the comments...

And....
              Was all that for me?

I realized you weren't making any claims.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Was all that for me?

I realized you weren't making any claims.
                Just in general --- just making sure nobody thinks that I am presenting this as anything other than "interesting".

You're still my favoritist Tweb poster* in all the world!

*subject to change without notice, and depending on to whom it is that I'm posting, offer not good in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or downtown Parma, Ohio, no animals have been harmed in the posting of this post, and any similarity to any person living, dead or otherwise is purely coincidental, blah blah blah yada yada yada...

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                  Looks much like a caduceus.
                  I thought the same thing.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                    I thought the same thing.
                    That's actually a point that the Snopes response makes.

But, if you think about it, the caduceus looks very much like a representation of the "lifting serpents in the desert" for the Children of Israel to protect themselves from death by snakes.
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-16-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I went over this topic years ago when I was teaching John's Gospel at John 3:14.

The symbol for medicine and healing is actually the Rod of Asclepius, which is a stick with a single snake (some say a parasitic worm) wrapped around it and facing outward. It appears regularly on ambulances and rescue vehicles. It predates Moses and most likely was recognized as a symbol of healing by the Children of Israel in the wilderness when Moses lifted it up. It was mentioned in an ancient Egyptian papyrus around 1500 BC.

The symbol which doctors and hospitals mistakenly use is the Caduceus, a pole with two snakes wrapped around it, heads facing the pole, and wings at the top of the pole. It was associated with the Greek god Hermes and symbolizes commerce.

Then again, maybe the doctors and hospitals know what they're doing.
                      rod of asclepius.jpg
                      When I Survey....

Comment