Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    You think that I support child murder?
    That is literally insane. Go to God and repent of bearing false witness.

How can you say I support child murder? Don't you have any conscience left?
    Yes, using YOUR VERY OWN LOGIC, you do, in fact, support child murder.

Your own words and logic condemn you. Just as you assume Christians support immorality if they support Trump IN ANY WAY I assume only those who wish to keep Roe v Wade in law oppose Trump. The logic is IDENTICAL. Therefore, I can FAIRLY assume you support abortion - and any denial is just you trying to wiggle out of your obvious guilt.

Maybe you should examine your own conscience, given your condemnation of others and pro-abortion activities.

Or at least a good look at how you apply your logic.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Nice Elephant hurl there...how about pick one? I'm not responding to a wall of unsupported text with no context.

On second thought, never mind. This type of dishonest posting tells me all I need to know about you. It's obvious from all your posts in general, and this one in particular that discussion with you will be a futile exercise on both our parts.

Have a good life brother.
    I was TOLD to post it all in one post. I guess I'm dammed if I do and dammed if I don't.
    Mossrose scolded me for putting these in separate posts.

You Trumpys are really dishonest. You take after your master.

Anyway, the point is Trump's pattern of continual dishonesty. Which all of you approve of.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Here you go.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...ica/ar-AAHGsQ3
    He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

He genuflects to murderous dictators.

He has alienated America’s closest allies.

He lied to the American people about his company’s business dealings in Russia.

He tells new lies virtually every week — about the economy, voter fraud, even the weather.

He spends hours on end watching television and days on end staying at resorts.

He often declines to read briefing books or perform other basic functions of a president’s job.

He has aides, as well as members of his own party in Congress, who mock him behind his back as unfit for office.

He has repeatedly denigrated a deceased United States senator who was a war hero.

He insulted a Gold Star family — the survivors of American troops killed in action.

He described a former first lady, not long after she died, as “nasty.”

He described white supremacists as “some very fine people.”

He told four women of color, all citizens and members of Congress, to “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came.”

He made a joke about Pocahontas during a ceremony honoring Native American World War II veterans.

He launched his political career by falsely claiming that the first black president was not really American.

He launched his presidential campaign by describing Mexicans as “rapists.”

He has described women, variously, as “a dog,” “a pig” and “horseface,” as well as “bleeding badly from a facelift” and having “blood coming out of her wherever.”

He has been accused of sexual assault or misconduct by multiple women.

He enthusiastically campaigned for a Senate candidate who was accused of molesting multiple teenage girls.

He waved around his arms, while giving a speech, to ridicule a physically disabled person.

He has encouraged his supporters to commit violence against his political opponents.

He has called for his opponents and critics to be investigated and jailed.

He uses a phrase popular with dictators — “the enemy of the people” — to describe journalists.

He attempts to undermine any independent source of information that he does not like, including judges, scientists, journalists, election officials, the F.B.I., the C.I.A., the Congressional Budget Office and the National Weather Service.

He has tried to harass the chairman of the Federal Reserve into lowering interest rates.

He said that a judge could not be objective because of his Mexican heritage.

He obstructed justice by trying to influence an investigation into his presidential campaign.

He violated federal law by directing his lawyer to pay $280,000 in hush money to cover up two apparent extramarital affairs.

He made his fortune partly through wide-scale financial fraud.

He has refused to release his tax returns.

He falsely accused his predecessor of wiretapping him.

He claimed that federal law-enforcement agents and prosecutors regularly fabricated evidence, thereby damaging the credibility of criminal investigations across the country.

He has ordered children to be physically separated from their parents.

He has suggested that America is no different from or better than Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

He has called America a “hellhole.”

Nice Elephant hurl there...how about pick one? I'm not responding to a wall of unsupported text with no context.

On second thought, never mind. This type of dishonest posting tells me all I need to know about you. It's obvious from all your posts in general, and this one in particular that discussion with you will be a futile exercise on both our parts.

Have a good life brother.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I haven't seen these Trump hats you're referring to. It kinda sounds like you're referring to hats that say "Make America Great Again," but those don't have the name "Trump" on them, at least none that I've seen. I'm almost certain that there are hats of president's names from previous campaigns on them. I don't think there's anything nefarious about that.
    Really? That's all they wear around here.
    https://respectthelook.com/products/...16262139379755

You are probably right. There might not be anything bad with wearing Trump on a person's forehead. They might safe. Who really knows what the mark of the beast is anyway? They are probably okay. I guess. maybe.

Last edited by Timothy; 09-23-2019, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    They wear hats with the word "Trump" on them. How is that not wearing Trump's name on their forehead? If this resembles something from the Book of Revelation, maybe it is just a coincidence. And maybe not. I don't know. They probably use their right names to vote for Trump as well, which would put Trump's name on their right hands.

I don't know if Trump is "The" Antichrist, or "An" Antichrist, or just someone who is the complete opposite of Christ. But in anycase, none of this is good.
    I haven't seen these Trump hats you're referring to. It kinda sounds like you're referring to hats that say "Make America Great Again," but those don't have the name "Trump" on them, at least none that I've seen. I'm almost certain that there are hats of president's names from previous campaigns on them. I don't think there's anything nefarious about that.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Not so much the location, but the timing is important to many people (I don't think calling people "Trumpy" is particularly useful).

I agree.

Again, I don't think "Trumpy" is helpful. I'm not certain the distinction one might make between the two presidents necessarily makes one a hypocrite, but I agree it doesn't look good. I don't know what it means to wear Trump's name on one's forehead unless you're conflating Trump with the antichrist, which I think is nonsense.
    They wear hats with the word "Trump" on them. How is that not wearing Trump's name on their forehead? If this resembles something from the Book of Revelation, maybe it is just a coincidence. And maybe not. I don't know. They probably use their right names to vote for Trump as well, which would put Trump's name on their right hands.

I don't know if Trump is "The" Antichrist, or "An" Antichrist, or just someone who is the complete opposite of Christ. But in anycase, none of this is good.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    One was in office and one wasn't in office? Is that really the excuse Trumpys use? The location? If I have sex with an adult film star am I good to go as long as I am not in the oval office?
    Also, both lied. No difference there.
    Not so much the location, but the timing is important to many people (I don't think calling people "Trumpy" is particularly useful).

There is no evidence that Trump is a changed man.
    I agree.

Trumpys make excuses for Trump. That is the way things work. They don't even care if that makes them hypocrites. They are proud! They wear Trump's name on their foreheads!
    Again, I don't think "Trumpy" is helpful. I'm not certain the distinction one might make between the two presidents necessarily makes one a hypocrite, but I agree it doesn't look good. I don't know what it means to wear Trump's name on one's forehead unless you're conflating Trump with the antichrist, which I think is nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Timothy,

I actively campaigned against Trump in the primaries. No one in my family voted for him in the primaries. But, when faced with Hillary or Trump, I almost literally held my nose and voted for him. Since he has been POTUS, I have not approved of a lot of his tweets, and statements, but, I don't know of any immoral act he has done since becoming president.

1) What immoral acts do you think he has done in the last 3 years since being elected?
    Here you go.

He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

He genuflects to murderous dictators.

He has alienated America’s closest allies.

He lied to the American people about his company’s business dealings in Russia.

He tells new lies virtually every week — about the economy, voter fraud, even the weather.

He spends hours on end watching television and days on end staying at resorts.

He often declines to read briefing books or perform other basic functions of a president’s job.

He has aides, as well as members of his own party in Congress, who mock him behind his back as unfit for office.

He has repeatedly denigrated a deceased United States senator who was a war hero.

He insulted a Gold Star family — the survivors of American troops killed in action.

He described a former first lady, not long after she died, as “nasty.”

He described white supremacists as “some very fine people.”

He told four women of color, all citizens and members of Congress, to “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came.”

He made a joke about Pocahontas during a ceremony honoring Native American World War II veterans.

He launched his political career by falsely claiming that the first black president was not really American.

He launched his presidential campaign by describing Mexicans as “rapists.”

He has described women, variously, as “a dog,” “a pig” and “horseface,” as well as “bleeding badly from a facelift” and having “blood coming out of her wherever.”

He has been accused of sexual assault or misconduct by multiple women.

He enthusiastically campaigned for a Senate candidate who was accused of molesting multiple teenage girls.

He waved around his arms, while giving a speech, to ridicule a physically disabled person.

He has encouraged his supporters to commit violence against his political opponents.

He has called for his opponents and critics to be investigated and jailed.

He uses a phrase popular with dictators — “the enemy of the people” — to describe journalists.

He attempts to undermine any independent source of information that he does not like, including judges, scientists, journalists, election officials, the F.B.I., the C.I.A., the Congressional Budget Office and the National Weather Service.

He has tried to harass the chairman of the Federal Reserve into lowering interest rates.

He said that a judge could not be objective because of his Mexican heritage.

He obstructed justice by trying to influence an investigation into his presidential campaign.

He violated federal law by directing his lawyer to pay $280,000 in hush money to cover up two apparent extramarital affairs.

He made his fortune partly through wide-scale financial fraud.

He has refused to release his tax returns.

He falsely accused his predecessor of wiretapping him.

He claimed that federal law-enforcement agents and prosecutors regularly fabricated evidence, thereby damaging the credibility of criminal investigations across the country.

He has ordered children to be physically separated from their parents.

He has suggested that America is no different from or better than Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

He has called America a “hellhole.”

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There's no way somebody wouldn't have said something by now had he done something in office. Every time he says something stupid in a briefing or whatever, it gets leaked.

He certainly hasn't repented of sins like pride and vengeance, but those are issues for many of us.
    I'm just thinking--and keeping in mind that I don't pay much attention to these things--his claims to current Christian faith seem pretty weak sauce to me, especially in light of lacking things like a repudiation of past immorality (his "grab" comment, etc.). I've seen some claim that he's a baby Christian, which I suppose is possible, but I'm not sure I buy it.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I think it's worth pointing out that Trump doesn't seem guilty of sexual immorality in recent years (to my knowledge)...

...however, I'm also not aware of any repentance on his part of this past sin, which is concerning to me.
    There's no way somebody wouldn't have said something by now had he done something in office. Every time he says something stupid in a briefing or whatever, it gets leaked.

He certainly hasn't repented of sins like pride and vengeance, but those are issues for many of us.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    The difference often asserted is that one was in office and lied under oath, the other was before office, and Trump may now be a changed man.
    One was in office and one wasn't in office? Is that really the excuse Trumpys use? The location? If I have sex with an adult film star am I good to go as long as I am not in the oval office?
    Also, both lied. No difference there.

There is no evidence that Trump is a changed man. Sex exchanged for other sins, that's not really an upgrade.
    Trumpys make excuses for Trump. That is the way things work. They don't even care if that makes them hypocrites. They are proud! They wear Trump's name on their foreheads!

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    The difference often asserted is that one was in office and lied under oath, the other was before office, and Trump may now be a changed man.
    I think it's worth pointing out that Trump doesn't seem guilty of sexual immorality in recent years (to my knowledge)...

...however, I'm also not aware of any repentance on his part of this past sin, which is concerning to me.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Here is a serious question for all of the Evangelical Trumpys who were around in the 90s.
    What is the difference between Bill Clinton sticking his willy where it didn't belong and Donald Trump sticking his donny where it doesn't belong?

One is a democrat and the other says he is a republican.
    If that isn't hypocritical, then nothing can be.

AND if you are going to excuse Dishonest Donald Trump for everything he is doing, then you have to excuse EVERYONE for anything THEY do.
    Including me. And as your orange hero says "We don't have to involve God in that".

And here is your smiley cowpie

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think it is a bit of both. That he regularly sticks his foot in it especially with his tendency toward heavy exaggeration and hyperbole[1] is undeniable. But he's done it enough times on purpose and got the results he sought too often to ignore that.

The best example that I can remember of the latter was his tweet "attacking" Christine Blasey Ford during the Kavanaugh nomination hearings by specifically listing a number of the problems with her claim. As he expected the MSM immediately jumped on him for being a sexist misogynistic ogre for daring to be so mean to poor little Ford. But in doing so they repeated what Trump said and for millions of Americans this was the first time they had heard these things. Prior to Trump's tweet and the MSM's coverage of it they may have heard that there were discrepancies in her story but not many if any details. Now they were seeing just how many discrepancies that there were and how big they were. Within the week Ford and Kavanaugh were even when it came to who the public thought was credible whereas the week before Ford was enjoying a double digit lead in that measure.

1. Apparently it is a common trait among people from Queens. Everything is the best, the biggest, the most... I always thought that was a characteristic unique with Texans but apparently it isn't.
    You know, a set of parenthesis can go a long way so you don't have to provide notation.

Yes, I agree that people from Queens (actually people from New England as well) tend to over-exaggerate as a normal mode of speaking, and I have no doubt that it comes even more naturally to a business man who's spent a lifetime making gains in self-promotion. I think the idea that Trump knowingly sways popular media to his bidding is...unlikely. In my opinion, he's no grandmaster of 4D chess. He's a fool who keeps getting away with his foolishness because he's mastered the art of doubling down, and his base loves his "not a politician/just keepin it real" persona. I'd like to think that one of these days it'll blow up in his face, but if he can get away with the lewd remarks he made behind the scenes on the Hollywood Access tape, then it's probably unlikely his base will be swayed by much.
    Last edited by Adrift; 09-23-2019, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Here is a serious question for all of the Evangelical Trumpys who were around in the 90s.
    What is the difference between Bill Clinton sticking his willy where it didn't belong and Donald Trump sticking his donny where it doesn't belong?

One is a democrat and the other says he is a republican.
    If that isn't hypocritical, then nothing can be.

AND if you are going to excuse Dishonest Donald Trump for everything he is doing, then you have to excuse EVERYONE for anything THEY do.
    Including me. And as your orange hero says "We don't have to involve God in that".

And here is your smiley cowpie

Leave a comment: