Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    It's not a quibble, champ. Insurrectionists don't wander around, staying respectfully inside the guide ropes, taking selfies once they get inside. I understand you're attempting to manufacture outrage, here, but it looks faintly ridiculous.
    Yeah, that isn't what happened. Nice try though. I don't need to manufacture outrage. January 6th happened, and one side wants to minimize what happened. Whatever. Believe whatever you want. The facts don't care about your feelings, and all that. Have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There simply was no insurrection, hence, no insurrectionists.

This horse has been beaten so badly and for so long that pretty much all that remains is his shattered bones.

You can have the last word.
    Whatever. Take another look, if you want to see.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy View Post

Why the word quibble? insurrectionists are also necessarily rioters. Rioters who storm the capital building are also insurrectionists. You say tomato, I say tomato.
    It's not a quibble, champ. Insurrectionists don't wander around, staying respectfully inside the guide ropes, taking selfies once they get inside. I understand you're attempting to manufacture outrage, here, but it looks faintly ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Why the word quibble? insurrectionists are also necessarily rioters. Rioters who storm the capital building are also insurrectionists. You say tomato, I say tomato.
    There simply was no insurrection, hence, no insurrectionists.

This horse has been beaten so badly and for so long that pretty much all that remains is his shattered bones.

You can have the last word.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

rioters

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    He is still alive.
    Yeah, I know.

The question was "Do you believe that it is immoral to hang Mike Pence?"
    Absolutely, but nobody did that.

The insurrectionists
    rioters

never made to Mike Pence, but I believe the question is still open.
    meh

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

I missed that - I was under the impression he was still alive!
    He is still alive. The question was "Do you believe that it is immoral to hang Mike Pence?" The insurrectionists never made to Mike Pence, but I believe the question is still open.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Thanks
    You bet!

No,it isn't.
    Yes, it is.

People died as a result of the insurrection and it is misleading to say that it wasn't so bad.
    A) It wasn't an insurrection - it was a riot.
    2) I never said it "wasn't so bad" - it was horrendous.
    c) It is misleading to imply that people who died of natural causes (heart attack, etc) died "as a result of the insurrection riot". Even factcheck.org agrees.
    iv) The ONLY person who died that day as a direct result of the riot was an unarmed female Air Force verteran.

This again? Yes, I believe that abortion is immoral.
    And the Democrats have opted to make that their #1 Campaign issue, along with their very enthusiastic support for LGBQT+++ and other issues.

I also believe that more than one thing can be immoral at the same time. What does abortion have to do with the insurrection on January 6th?
    Ah, Timothy --- you disappoint me --- there is nothing in my post that implies that abortion has anything to do with the riot.
    It DOES, however, have to do with the entire focus of the Democratic Party in the upcoming election.

Do you think that abortion makes insurrection right?
    wow

Do you believe that it is immoral to hang Mike Pence?
    I missed that - I was under the impression he was still alive!

As Christians we have to weigh all of the issues, not just one.
    So, it appears you are hyper-focused on this alleged "insurrection", and ignoring the overall platform of the Democratic Party.

Then we have to do the best we can.
    I try.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied

Five people died, Beverly
    Non sequitur. That has nothing to do with improperly classifying it as an insurrection.

And, as Cow Poke pointed out, only one person died as a direct consequence of the riot, and she was killed by a trigger-happy desk jockey who was in no way in imminent danger.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

So good so far....
    Thanks

It's misleading.
    No,it isn't. People died as a result of the insurrection and it is misleading to say that it wasn't so bad.

Do you believe abortion is immoral?
    This again? Yes, I believe that abortion is immoral. I also believe that more than one thing can be immoral at the same time. What does abortion have to do with the insurrection on January 6th? Do you think that abortion makes insurrection right? Do you believe that it is immoral to hang Mike Pence? As Christians we have to weigh all of the issues, not just one. Then we have to do the best we can.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    My comments were actually to another poster who claimed that the insurrection wasn't so bad. I agree with you that it was a riot (and not at all in a good way) and everybody who broke the law that day should be prosecuted.
    So good so far....

I didn't distort any facts. It was a riot and people actually died.
    It's misleading.

Additionally, I disagree with Trump when said that the (his word) "hostages" should be pardoned. And I will do what I can to make sure Trump is unable to pardon the insurrectionists. My conscience is clear, I will do the right thing.
    Do you believe abortion is immoral?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

No, sir - it was a riot, and everybody who broke the law that day should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    But facts should not be distorted or misrepresented.

There's another poster here who seems to think he's always being gaslighted.
    My comments were actually to another poster who claimed that the insurrection wasn't so bad. I agree with you that it was a riot (and not at all in a good way) and everybody who broke the law that day should be prosecuted. I didn't distort any facts. It was a riot and people actually died. Additionally, I disagree with Trump when said that the (his word) "hostages" should be pardoned. And I will do what I can to make sure Trump is unable to pardon the insurrectionists. My conscience is clear, I will do the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Oh, my bad.

Then its all okay.
    No, sir - it was a riot, and everybody who broke the law that day should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    But facts should not be distorted or misrepresented.

Don't gaslight me.
    There's another poster here who seems to think he's always being gaslighted.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

Only ONE person died as a direct result of the riot, Timothy, and that was an unarmed female Air Force veteran shot by a nervous Capitol Police Officer.
    The Democrats actually outright lied about a Capitol Police Officer being bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher, and even after it was known this was false, they still used it to raise money and to prosecute the impeachment.
    Oh, my bad. Then its all okay. Don't gaslight me.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Five people died, Beverly
    Only ONE person died as a direct result of the riot, Timothy, and that was an unarmed female Air Force veteran shot by a nervous Capitol Police Officer.
    The Democrats actually outright lied about a Capitol Police Officer being bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher, and even after it was known this was false, they still used it to raise money and to prosecute the impeachment.

Leave a comment: