Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You're just now catching that?
    No, I'm just heartbroken that so many Christians are putting their Faith in Donald Trump.
    It makes me snarky. Nothing to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    At this point, it's sounding more and more like you're just here to .
    You're just now catching that?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    The wink at the end should have been a clue that I was joking with you.

Well, I don't NEED to know that, but if you say so!

Need a safe space?

Why, because now you're going to falsely accuse me of being a racist? Water off a duck's back.
    The wink at the end should have been a clue that I was joking with you. I guess you didn't see it because you were distracted by all of your friends chanting "send her back".

😉

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    Nice Christian bashing brother.
    The wink at the end should have been a clue that I was joking with you.

You need to know that I'm neither communist nor liberal.
    Well, I don't NEED to know that, but if you say so!

But all Trumpys can do is accuse decent people of being liberal commies.
    Need a safe space?

I'm also not pink, I am actually brown skinned but I hesitate to mention that to someone like you. 😉
    Why, because now you're going to falsely accuse me of being a racist? Water off a duck's back.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    You shouldn't. You should return to your pinko commie liberal base and tell them that your efforts on Tweb have failed.
    Nice Christian bashing brother.
    You need to know that I'm neither communist nor liberal. But all Trumpys can do is accuse decent people of being liberal commies.

I'm also not pink, I am actually brown skinned but I hesitate to mention that to someone like you. 😉

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I have a hard time believing that many evangelical Trump voters do not actually support him because there has been zero attempt to put forth an alternative in the primaries (there are a few primary candidates so far, but none who would be appealing to evangelicals). When I previously brought this up, the line has been that it is not normal for incumbents to be primaried, however, no less a person than Ronald Reagan challenged an incumbent president in the primaries.

In any event, state GOPs are starting to cancel their primaries to protect Trump anyway.
    I would love to have another Reagan.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    I have a hard time believing that many evangelical Trump voters do not actually support him because there has been zero attempt to put forth an alternative in the primaries (there are a few primary candidates so far, but none who would be appealing to evangelicals). When I previously brought this up, the line has been that it is not normal for incumbents to be primaried, however, no less a person than Ronald Reagan challenged an incumbent president in the primaries.

In any event, state GOPs are starting to cancel their primaries to protect Trump anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Since no trump follower has ever listened to reason, why should I bother?
    You shouldn't. You should return to your pinko commie liberal base and tell them that your efforts on Tweb have failed.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Since no trump follower has ever listened to reason, why should I bother?
    Think about this before you vote next year: Are you a Trump follower or not? Then vote accordingly, knowing that God is watching.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    If I could persuade one Trumpy to return to Jesus Christ, wouldn't it be worth all of this?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I'm not accusing "the brethren".
    I'm a Christian, are you? If you are, then we're "brethren". You act more like we're enemies with your false accusations.

If someone wants to support Trump, that's their business.
    You're hung up on this "support Trump" thing, as if voting for him 4 years ago indicates "I still support him today". It's pretty childish.

Jesus said a person can't follow two masters.
    Sounds like you're following Satan in your attack on the brethren.

The brethren follow Christ.
    You might want to read up on what He said about loving the brethren.

Trump is not Christ.
    No foolin!

If think truly don't follow Trump, then I'm not talking about you.
    Then, maybe, stop being such a self-righteous judgmental false accuser.

But if that really is true, why are you arguing with me?
    A) It's a slow day
    2) You're fairly literate
    C) I always find you "blast everybody else in Jesus' name" "Christians" entertaining.

Not that I'm not enjoying this argument.😆
    It's getting old pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Nope - just an observation that you sound just like him --

Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

I have not been ignoring your argument at all -- just becoming more and more convinced that you're only here to do battle -- which is what JimL is all about.
    If I could persuade one Trumpy to return to Jesus Christ, wouldn't it be worth all of this?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    As I have repeatedly said, I voted for the evil of two lessers. I didn't vote for Trump as pastor-in-chief.

Look, you claim you want honest answers, but when you get them, all you do is launch into attacks. I really don't have time for this. I took a chance that you were an honest broker, and it appears all you want to do is be a false accuse of the brethren. That comes straight from the pits of Hell.
    I'm not accusing "the brethren".
    If someone wants to support Trump, that's their business. Jesus said a person can't follow two masters. The brethren follow Christ. Trump is not Christ.

If think truly don't follow Trump, then I'm not talking about you. But if that really is true, why are you arguing with me? Not that I'm not enjoying this argument.😆

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Thank you. I try for good grammar and spelling. ☺
    I don't know who JimL is. What that an attempt at an ad hominem?
    Nope - just an observation that you sound just like him --

Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

I have not been ignoring your argument at all -- just becoming more and more convinced that you're only here to do battle -- which is what JimL is all about.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Trump specifically said that he could do anything, even grab yoohoos (I won't use Trump's language) and you STILL supported him. That's shameful. What will you say to Jesus when He returns?
    As I have repeatedly said, I voted for the evil of two lessers. I didn't vote for Trump as pastor-in-chief.

Look, you claim you want honest answers, but when you get them, all you do is launch into attacks. I really don't have time for this. I took a chance that you were an honest broker, and it appears all you want to do is be a false accuse of the brethren. That comes straight from the pits of Hell.

Leave a comment: