Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    I can see that I will not get fair treatment here.

I have been literally accused of murder, and everyone is great with that.
    When I complain about being accused of murder, I get scolded for that.

You all have a great time on judgment day.
    Translation: it's okay when I unjustly accuse others of defying God and not being Christian but it's sooo unfair when others won't admit guilt they don't actually bear and poor little martyr me gets accused of supporting abortion on THE EXACT SAME LOGIC I use to condemn others.

You might wanna get that 4x4 out of your eye before Judgement.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    You know, a set of parenthesis can go a long way so you don't have to provide notation.
    And my twin brudder from another mudder would be the disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Seriously? You are really standing behind your accusation that I approve of child murder?
    That is really too much.
    Reading comprehension not your thing, is it? Your logic, applied to you, leads to exactly that conclusion. If it is unfair, the problem is in your logic.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I put the reference in the post. This is really unfair.
    I apologize. I should have used the word context instead of reference. My error.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

I have been literally accused of murder, and everyone is great with that.
    When I complain about being accused of murder, I get scolded for that.

You all have a great time on judgment day.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    The facts support the argument. You don't get a special logic all your own to browbeat others with for going on five pages now. Using YOUR logic, the conclusion is completely reasonable and the fact in evidence - your hatred of Trump - supports the conclusion.

You don't like being accused unreasonably, then stop accusing others unreasonably.

Your call.
    Seriously? You are really standing behind your accusation that I approve of child murder?
    That is really too much.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I scolded you for repeatedly quoting the same post and basically flooding the forum with one liners. The general rule of thumb is to say something and then wait for a response. Not to do post after post after post with these things. And yes, Littlejoe is correct, it would help to put references into your posts so we can refer to the reference and not just take your word for it.

And you might not want to start calling people liars around here. We moderate for that.
    I put the reference in the post. This is really unfair.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Hmm. No, I'm sorry. I'm totally not familiar with that hat. I've never seen anyone wear one where I live at least (and I live in Trump country).

Doesn't appear much different from these hats either,

Those aren't hats with the AntiChrist's name of them! LOL
    (Well, maybe that last one)

Originally, I never said that meant they were worshiping the beast. I just said that they put his name on their foreheads. That's all I meant. You brought up the similarity to the Book of Revelation.
    Around here, they literally put Trump's name on their foreheads. Draw your own conclusions. I wouldn't put his name on my forehead, even if he isn't the antichrist. I heard the Access Hollywood tape, and all of the other garbage. I had to touch one of these filthy things once, when someone put one in the Church foyer so TRUMP was the first thing you saw when you entered the doors. I turned it around so that the church didn't look like a Trump Rally. Then I washed my hands.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I'm not a Trump supporter. Didn't vote for him in 2016, don't plan to vote for him in 2020. In fact, didn't even vote for a single R in the midterms.

The only people who have attacked me on this website over political issues are the leftists and the anti-Trump crowd in general.

There, now you have had a conservative attack you - so you don't feel left out!

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    I know, that was the point and the joke! She literally has NO evidence that I have been on a child killing spree and yet...The facts didn't stop her from condemning me.
    What if someone believed her? I could spend weeks in jail just waiting for the murder charges to be dropped. I can't afford bail! This is outrageous!
    The facts support the argument. You don't get a special logic all your own to browbeat others with for going on five pages now. Using YOUR logic, the conclusion is completely reasonable and the fact in evidence - your hatred of Trump - supports the conclusion.

You don't like being accused unreasonably, then stop accusing others unreasonably.

Your call.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I was TOLD to post it all in one post. I guess I'm dammed if I do and dammed if I don't.
    Mossrose scolded me for putting these in separate posts.

You Trumpys are really dishonest. You take after your master.

Anyway, the point is Trump's pattern of continual dishonesty. Which all of you approve of.
    I scolded you for repeatedly quoting the same post and basically flooding the forum with one liners. The general rule of thumb is to say something and then wait for a response. Not to do post after post after post with these things. And yes, Littlejoe is correct, it would help to put references into your posts so we can refer to the reference and not just take your word for it.

And you might not want to start calling people liars around here. We moderate for that.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Really? That's all they wear around here.
    https://respectthelook.com/products/...16262139379755
    Hmm. No, I'm sorry. I'm totally not familiar with that hat. I've never seen anyone wear one where I live at least (and I live in Trump country).

Doesn't appear much different from these hats either,

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I know, that was the point and the joke! She literally has NO evidence that I have been on a child killing spree and yet...The facts didn't stop her from condemning me.
    What if someone believed her? I could spend weeks in jail just waiting for the murder charges to be dropped. I can't afford bail! This is outrageous!
    She was referring to abortion, I believe. Not murder of a born child. You are just being silly, now.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    You think that I support child murder?
    That is literally insane. Go to God and repent of bearing false witness.

How can you say I support child murder? Don't you have any conscience left?
    Yes, using YOUR VERY OWN LOGIC, you do, in fact, support child murder.

Your own words and logic condemn you. Just as you assume Christians support immorality if they support Trump IN ANY WAY I assume only those who wish to keep Roe v Wade in law oppose Trump. The logic is IDENTICAL. Therefore, I can FAIRLY assume you support abortion - and any denial is just you trying to wiggle out of your obvious guilt.

Maybe you should examine your own conscience, given your condemnation of others and pro-abortion activities.

Or at least a good look at how you apply your logic.

Leave a comment: