Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Clergy Response Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clergy Response Team

I've been reading about this online and have watched videos throughout the years, though I can neither confirm or deny the truthfulness of it. Since I don't attend church and am not a fan of organized establishment religion, I have no way to know how true it is based on experience. Of course conspiracy websites have taken this and run with it. Some of it sounds reasonably true, while some of it sounds pretty outlandish.

From what I've read or heard, 501c3 churches and their pastors are given guidelines by government and recommended (or instructed) to pacify their congregants during times of crisis, persuade congregants to cooperate with government and accept government narratives without question, and quell any and all discussions of government dissent using Romans 13 as a proof text.

Anyone with experience or knowledge about this can either confirm or deny this to be true?
    Last edited by mossrose; 06-12-2022, 09:32 PM.

Never heard of anything like this, and I've been in the ministry going on 50 years. Also been certified through FEMA CISM training, two independent chaplaincy trainings (one 40 hour accreditation) and both Baptist Relief, Salvation Army and Red Cross, certifications in all.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, I found this site which seems to reflect something pretty similar...

https://police.fortworthtexas.gov/ge...olice-alliance

The Clergy and Police Alliance program (C.A.P.A.) is a coalition of pastors who work in partnership with the police department to serve the citizens of Fort Worth. CAPA members attend monthly meetings, ride along with police officers, and are called in to help citizens in crisis. This program is a unique ministerial opportunity.

CAPA members played a great part in the community outreach that occurred during the Katrina relief effort at Fort Worth shelters. On a day to day basis, CAPA members have ministered to hundreds of citizens in need. Our City has seen the awesome benefit that can be accessed through partnership with the pastors and ministers of our community. We invited you to become a CAPA member and extend your ministry outreach.

CAPA members attend the Minister’s Police Academy at the Fort Worth Police/Fire Training Center. This is a special 12-week class for three hours a week, designed specifically for Pastors and Ministers, and includes specialized training that will indoctrinate you into the inner-workings of the police department and the Criminal Justice System. You will receive classroom and “hands on” training in the areas of Hate Crimes, Crime Scene search, Family Violence, Sex Crimes, Homicide investigation, traffic enforcement, narcotics training, communications, use of force, internal affairs, high risk incident command issues, firearms training, law, background investigation, and emergency response. After graduation you will ride with a designated officer to finish your training in a field environment scenario. Spending time with an officer will give you a better understanding of police operations before you act in the official capacity as a CAPA member. You will also be provided distinct clothing and official identification that will identify you as a CAPA member.

Some of the goals of this program include: pray for our City, city leaders, police officers and special needs; assisting the police in non-traditional roles; provide calm in crisis situations to prevent an escalation to violence; assist in domestic situations where a minister is requested or needed; offer support to victims; relay factual information back to the neighborhoods using your established networks; and emergency and disaster response training through the Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT).

Our goal is to have a representative from every church, denomination, and faith from our city become involved.
      This is some of the stuff I've heard or read from even non-official sources. I guess the bolded part could be construed as potentially sinister depending on how the details are interpreted, how it actually looks in action, and how it's applied.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Well, I found this site which seems to reflect something pretty similar...

https://police.fortworthtexas.gov/ge...olice-alliance

This is some of the stuff I've heard or read from even non-official sources. I guess the bolded part could be construed as potentially sinister depending on how the details are interpreted, how it actually looks in action, and how it's applied.
        Ah --- we DO have a county CERT team, of which I am not a part! I'll check with them.

(And I'm fully aware that just because I've "been in the business" a long time doesn't mean I'd be aware of such)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ah --- we DO have a county CERT team, of which I am not a part! I'll check with them.

(And I'm fully aware that just because I've "been in the business" a long time doesn't mean I'd be aware of such)
          I noticed I also spelled dissent wrong in the OP. Ah well.

Comment

I noticed I also spelled dissent wrong in the OP. Ah well.
            I took the liberty of correcting it for you. Hope that was ok!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I took the liberty of correcting it for you. Hope that was ok!
              Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!
                So, I asked one of the guys here at the Annual Meeting in Anaheim -- he splained that this was basically cities with... how do I say this gently....

Where there are likely to be race riots or riots over police shootings or some other such chaos, it's an attempt to preempt or manage the riots by having black clergy involved in police review boards or committees or whatever. But it would be racist only to recruit black pastors...

At least, that's the theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, I asked one of the guys here at the Annual Meeting in Anaheim -- he splained that this was basically cities with... how do I say this gently....

Where there are likely to be race riots or riots over police shootings or some other such chaos, it's an attempt to preempt or manage the riots by having black clergy involved in police review boards or committees or whatever. But it would be racist only to recruit black pastors...

At least, that's the theory.
                  From what I understand, the program goes back to Katrina. I definitely remember folks discussing it many years ago and that it was connected to FEMA.

Comment

From what I understand, the program goes back to Katrina. I definitely remember folks discussing it many years ago and that it was connected to FEMA.
                    Interesting - the guy I talked to was a Katrina refugee who started a faith-based mission organization in our county. But that was his opinion, and I really don't know, so I'll shut up now.

Comment