Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

If you run church websites...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you run church websites...

...please bother to update them if you change your service times, like for the holidays.

I thought I was going to finally get to go after getting scheduled off on a Sunday, and instead I made a complete idiot out of myself in front of everyone.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Yes. An out-of-date website is highly annoying.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

It's the high tech version of the Church Bulletin Board where there's an advertisement for the Christmas Play -- but it's August.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In doing some history research which led to websites of some other churches, I have seen promotions for activities that had taken place more than a year ago.
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
          In doing some history research which led to websites of some other churches, I have seen promotions for activities that had taken place more than a year ago.
          That's why our Ministry Coordinator goes through our website every Monday Morning looking for anything out of date.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's why our Ministry Coordinator goes through our website every Monday Morning looking for anything out of date.
            Hopefully, when he finds something it only recently went out of date.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Hopefully, when he finds something it only recently went out of date.
              She's very proactive - she knows, for example, that "Come to Christmas Eve Service" needs to disappear no later than Christmas morning.

Comment

I ran into this one this week. Don't have a website and then link to Facebook for your current content. For people like me who don't have a Facebook account, you've made the majority of your content inaccessible.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment