Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Astrodome Chaos and Travis Scott's Satanic Concert?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

    "Supernatural" was originally mostly a "freak of the week" show, with the underlying "yellow-eyed demon" arc woven through it. Then they developed the "demon" concept a bit more, then around Season 3 introduced the idea that "hell" was real, then in Season 4 introduced "angels" and "archangels" and "prophets," and absentee-father God. At the end of Season 5, there was a clue that the "prophet" was really "God," and he was kind of ok. Later they revealed he really was God, and he was a basically good guy, but ultimately slightly less powerful than his "sister" (!?!?!?!), and than Death. Then in the last couple of years of the series, they revealed that he was actually a cruel, capricious, sadistic jerk.

    The series really would not have been a totally terrible take on Judeo-Christian concepts if they'd stopped at the end of Season 5, which pretty clearly was the original plan.
    I've tried to speculate what a Christian version of Supernatural would look like. I think the demons are pretty much right on including the portrayal of Lucifer. I'd keep God off screen. I think the angels would be the hardest to portray accurately. I would keep the parts where not all the good people get saved and sometimes the evil people (not demons) actually do right. I've thought that was a strength of Supernatural. Also I would have the occasional episode where the villain turns out not to be a monster but just a really evil human.

    For atmosphere, I actually might go with the old tv show Millennium.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

    "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

      I've tried to speculate what a Christian version of Supernatural would look like. I think the demons are pretty much right on including the portrayal of Lucifer. I'd keep God off screen. I think the angels would be the hardest to portray accurately. I would keep the parts where not all the good people get saved and sometimes the evil people (not demons) actually do right. I've thought that was a strength of Supernatural. Also I would have the occasional episode where the villain turns out not to be a monster but just a really evil human.

      For atmosphere, I actually might go with the old tv show Millennium.
      Anything that made the angels behaving a little less than Nazi Stormtroopers would be an improvement. And the archangels a bit less raging bloodthirsty maniacs who make Lucifer look the voice of compassion and common sense would also be nice.

      And they did the humans can make the worst monsters at least once

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #18
        I was thinking more about concerns about Satanism in pop culture and an example I thought of: Sports teams like the New Jersey Devils or the Duke Blue Devils. I know, I know, both are technically named after something else, but both use demonic imagery. It's cartoonish, but I don't like it at all. It makes the devil seem harmless.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I was thinking more about concerns about Satanism in pop culture and an example I thought of: Sports teams like the New Jersey Devils or the Duke Blue Devils. I know, I know, both are technically named after something else, but both use demonic imagery. It's cartoonish, but I don't like it at all. It makes the devil seem harmless.
          I agree. The world follows it's own standards when God is dangerous and Satan is harmless.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

          "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            The big story going around (apparently from QAnon people) is that Mr. Scott intentionally sacrificed his own fans as part of a Satanic sacrifice ritual. That seems unlikely and unnecessary to defend. What is clear is that he flagrantly disregarded safety protocols (and had a long history of doing so), and that he does use Satanic imagery. The fact that he (as well as popular rapper Lil Nas X) does this so openly yet is so popular tells us something about popular culture. That doesn't mean we have to connect more dots than necessary.

            (The sacrifice theory came up in an apologetics group I'm in, and I just don't see the evidence there. It sort of reminds me of the "Satanic panic" of the past, which led to people going overboard, and people knew it, and tuned out the critics all the more as a result.)
            I am sure Satan is more than happy to take advantage of such situations to cause mayhem and death whether Scott or others intended it or not.

            Comment


            • #21
              I also saw one of the victims was a 9 year old kid. Who the heck takes their 9 year old to that kind of concert?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                The big story going around (apparently from QAnon people) is that Mr. Scott intentionally sacrificed his own fans as part of a Satanic sacrifice ritual. That seems unlikely and unnecessary to defend. What is clear is that he flagrantly disregarded safety protocols (and had a long history of doing so), and that he does use Satanic imagery. The fact that he (as well as popular rapper Lil Nas X) does this so openly yet is so popular tells us something about popular culture. That doesn't mean we have to connect more dots than necessary.

                (The sacrifice theory came up in an apologetics group I'm in, and I just don't see the evidence there. It sort of reminds me of the "Satanic panic" of the past, which led to people going overboard, and people knew it, and tuned out the critics all the more as a result.)
                Yet, several people who were actually at this concert told me there was DEFINITELY a satanic element to it, exhibited by many of the fans. They (the people I know) shared some pretty scary personal stories of what they saw that I can't validate elsewhere.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I also saw one of the victims was a 9 year old kid. Who the heck takes their 9 year old to that kind of concert?
                  I am thinking that his fans are not the brightest bulbs or best role models to begin with.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                    Yet, several people who were actually at this concert told me there was DEFINITELY a satanic element to it, exhibited by many of the fans. They (the people I know) shared some pretty scary personal stories of what they saw that I can't validate elsewhere.
                    I'm not disputing that there was Satanic stuff present; after all, the rapper invited that. But that does not prove that he intentionally killed them to sacrifice them to Satan.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

                      I'm not disputing that there was Satanic stuff present; after all, the rapper invited that. But that does not prove that he intentionally killed them to sacrifice them to Satan.
                      Correct --- but what I'm hearing is that, when there were people on the ground, the rapper would fall back on his "see you on the other side" --- like he either didn't care that they were dead, or that he was glad they were.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Anything that made the angels behaving a little less than Nazi Stormtroopers would be an improvement. And the archangels a bit less raging bloodthirsty maniacs who make Lucifer look the voice of compassion and common sense would also be nice.

                        And they did the humans can make the worst monsters at least once
                        I liked Gabriel. And it was nice seeing an "angel" show that didn't have him as the most evil next to Satan. (I'm thinking the first two installments in "The Prophecy" series and "Legion" and at least most of "Dominion.")
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                        Beige Federalist.

                        "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                        Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                        Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                        Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                        Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                        Justice for Matthew Perna!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          I liked Gabriel. And it was nice seeing an "angel" show that didn't have him as the most evil next to Satan. (I'm thinking the first two installments in "The Prophecy" series and "Legion" and at least most of "Dominion.")
                          Gabriel was an exception.

                          Definitely more likeable but rarely admirable except at the end

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                            Correct --- but what I'm hearing is that, when there were people on the ground, the rapper would fall back on his "see you on the other side" --- like he either didn't care that they were dead, or that he was glad they were.
                            I'm glad to see that you're not totally blind, Cow Poke. The poster advertisements for the "concert" are obviously occult/Satanic with all seeing eyes on the palm of mesmerizing hands, "see you on the other side" and a portal to hell. The set during the performance was a burning mountain with a spinning portal behind the artist who was clearly standing on a doorway/gateway (disguised as a platform) into hell. The "artist" was wearing a shirt that had people walking into a portal similar to the image on the poster except when they "came out the other side" they were red and had devil horns.

                            It was a ritual. Like the corona "crowning" ritual as a whole, it was meant to help usher in their "man" to his global throne. The "stage was set" and he will be arriving soon. I'm sure they will only get more bold with their rituals/celebrations since in their minds they are approaching the long awaited time when resistance to their global rule will be "futile." Better late than never to wake up to the world as it is rather than as you'd prefer it to be. The truth will set you free.

                            Comment

                            Related Threads

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by siddhikoli, 06-29-2022, 05:38 AM
                            9 responses
                            77 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post siddhikoli  
                            Started by Cow Poke, 06-25-2022, 06:38 PM
                            10 responses
                            63 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Cow Poke  
                            Started by Thoughtful Monk, 06-17-2022, 07:14 AM
                            6 responses
                            30 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Cow Poke  
                            Started by seanD, 06-12-2022, 01:59 PM
                            9 responses
                            60 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Cow Poke  
                            Started by Ana Dragule, 06-06-2022, 03:30 AM
                            0 responses
                            28 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Ana Dragule  
                            Working...
                            X