Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pop preachers and their heretical beliefs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

    Didn't know that, couldn't tell -- but, still... I like shorter more succinct informational videos.
    It's what got him started in exposing the WoF movement. He was taken, as a teen, to some "faith healers". Of course, never healed. If I recall correctly, his father even took him backstage and spoke to the woman doing the "healing". She asked Justin's dad if he had "sown a seed of faith", or some such garbage, in other words, "how much money have you given to me?".

    Justin and his dad left and Justin has spent his life exposing the movement.

    A lot of his videos are shorter. I guess it's trial and error in finding the short ones. ALL of them are informative.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mossrose View Post

      It's what got him started in exposing the WoF movement. He was taken, as a teen, to some "faith healers". Of course, never healed. If I recall correctly, his father even took him backstage and spoke to the woman doing the "healing". She asked Justin's dad if he had "sown a seed of faith", or some such garbage, in other words, "how much money have you given to me?".

      Justin and his dad left and Justin has spent his life exposing the movement.

      A lot of his videos are shorter. I guess it's trial and error in finding the short ones. ALL of them are informative.
      That's helpful. Thanks
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

        So, I watched the whole thing, and - I love Justin - but he's so SLLLLLOOOOooooooooowwwwwwww.
        I wish there were a YouTube channel of "Reader's Digest" versions of his videos.

        And, yes, this is clearly more blasphemous than his "Jesus comes into my office for counseling" crap.
        I am not a fan of Justin. He banned me from his Facebook and YouTube channel for debating several different topics. He does not welcome debate. He welcomes agreement and acquiescence.
        That's what
        - She

        Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

        I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

          I am not a fan of Justin. He banned me from his Facebook and YouTube channel for debating several different topics. He does not welcome debate. He welcomes agreement and acquiescence.
          That's interesting. It appears to me that I got booted from the "Chorus in the Chaos" FB page, and may have contributed to its conversion from public to private, for similar reasons. I believe the theology is similar.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

          Beige Federalist.

          Nationalist Christian.

          "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

          Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

          Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

          Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

          Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

          Justice for Matthew Perna!

          Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

          Comment


          • Briefly, I object to the casual use of "heresy" and "heretical." I am among those who would reserve those terms for teaching and preaching that is not just "wrong" or even absurd, but that directly contradicts basic Christian dogma.

            The little segment from about 4:50 to 4:60, roughly, illustrates my point. Nothing Jesse said there is even heterodox, let alone heretical. If JP is going to label that as "heresy," then everything is heresy and therefore nothing is heresy. If he's going to be that nit-picky toward Jesse and simultaneously careless about his own verbiage, he has nothing to offer of net value.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

            Beige Federalist.

            Nationalist Christian.

            "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

            Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

            Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

            Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

            Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

            Justice for Matthew Perna!

            Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

            Comment


            • If I recall, Peters was banned from Facebook in 2014 and someone else is running the page there.

              So it likely wasn’t him that kicked anybody off the page.


              Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Briefly, I object to the casual use of "heresy" and "heretical." I am among those who would reserve those terms for teaching and preaching that is not just "wrong" or even absurd, but that directly contradicts basic Christian dogma.

                The little segment from about 4:50 to 4:60, roughly, illustrates my point. Nothing Jesse said there is even heterodox, let alone heretical. If JP is going to label that as "heresy," then everything is heresy and therefore nothing is heresy. If he's going to be that nit-picky toward Jesse and simultaneously careless about his own verbiage, he has nothing to offer of net value.
                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

                Why should anything Jesse says be trusted when you look at the entire body of his preaching? Sure, he might get a couple of things right, but that is part of the issue with WoF. There’s just enough truth to get people to swallow it whole.


                Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                Comment

                Related Threads

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Bill the Cat, 01-17-2014, 09:13 AM
                291 responses
                50,487 views
                0 likes
                Last Post mossrose  
                Working...
                X