Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pop preachers and their heretical beliefs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I believe you are correct. In any event, it was absolutely confirmed.
    Sadly, I doubt Tilton was the only one who indulged/indulges in that sort of thing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

You never heard 'bout all the useless book-larnin' at them theological cemeteries? Where you end up with a Post-Hole Digger degree?
      That's the point. There was SO MUCH wasted classroom time in Seminary, and so many subjects they shoulda covered that would have been much more practical use.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

John was already a fairly standard Word-Faith / Positive Confession guy when I first became aware of him around the mid-'80s.
        He most certainly seemed to be drifting that way when I knew him.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This just in: Kenny Cokeland claims to have cast da debil out of a puppy!

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
            This just in: Kenny Cokeland claims to have cast da debil out of a puppy!

I am disturbed that the cat in that video talks. It obviously has a demon!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

RONG!! Cats don't have demons, they ARE demons.

Comment

• Any prizes for guessing the kinds of places that H_A and Eider get their junk theologies from?
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

? Balaam's Ass didn't had a demon.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

? Balaam's Ass didn't had a demon.
                    Very true!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                      This just in: Kenny Cokeland claims to have cast da debil out of a puppy!

If he can actually exorcise a demon out of a Pekinese I for one am mightily impressed.

Now for a Chihuahua, I'd have to see it with my own eyes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Cow Poke must be a zombie. That explains so much.
                        He calls his belt a fence around a chicken cemetery because of all the fried chicken he's eaten at Church lunch/brunches...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          He calls his belt a fence around a chicken cemetery because of all the fried chicken he's eaten at Church lunch/brunches...

Comment

• Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• While I have no interest in Joel Osteen, I have some reservations about this and other articles in the mainstream media over the past day or two about the money found stashed in a wall behind a toilet at the church:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-chur-rcna7512

To start, this and other articles appear in you typical leftist mass media, networks, CNN, New York Times, etc.

Also, what business does the plumber have calling KPRC-TV and telling them about it?
                              When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                                While I have no interest in Joel Osteen, I have some reservations about this and other articles in the mainstream media over the past day or two about the money found stashed in a wall behind a toilet at the church:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-chur-rcna7512

To start, this and other articles appear in you typical leftist mass media, networks, CNN, New York Times, etc.

Also, what business does the plumber have calling KPRC-TV and telling them about it?
                                The fact that they mention 'checks' should make it clear they can know the date, the "to" and the "from".

If it's a true story, it's really not much of a mystery at all.

Comment