Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Problem of Modern Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Problem of Modern Man

Have Christians become worn out from so many previous attempts to analyze prophecy and expect it to be fulfilled? How many of you would recognize the fulfillment of prophecy (or steps toward such fulfillment)? What are people even expecting of fulfillment?

I know people here hold to diverse eschatological views. I don’t keep track of what individual members believe in this respect. However, it is important to recognize the validity of the eschatology – at least as a general relevant principle of Christianity. I have presented my concept that places us in the Revelation 20:7-10 scenario. My thread on this is in the eschatological section with a 1000+ reads (without knowing who or why such interest occurs). I have seen great deception in the covid fiasco. I will not cover those too much in this post. But we have seen nations of all backgrounds walking lockstep into the same “protective” actions.

Would people here be able to recognize the deception of the nations described here? What would that look like? Why doesn’t the present time fit this? We have seen threads on the deception of the media in their reporting on the covid fiasco. Also, despite some dispute of the diehard media junkies, we have been made aware of the blindness of the media – the idiotic denials, as it were – of the illegal vote tallying process in many states. Many people have seen the deception with the messianic images of Obama way back when while treating any Republicans as idiots. We have usually been the idiots for accepting the media’s messages. Now we have many people testifying against the media’s view of the totally new scientific concepts of virology, vaccinations, and disease transmission. All that has been pushed in the name of covid totally undoes the previous scientific knowledge. We have many doctors and scientists who have become vocal against the single government-media voice with all its failed predictions and policies. (Most of these doctors and scientists do not seem to be ones who, as our media training has programmed us to do, we would have described as conspiracy minded people.

The stuff we are seeing now was anticipated – except for perhaps the details of this so-called pandemic which would lead us to give up life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We have even seen where Costco was open but church gatherings were prohibited. This is the anti-Christian behavior that we could expect with a demonic plan of oppression. But are we, like some have noted, been deceived to the point we don’t think Satan can influence government and media policies?

I think our current mental/psychological state has been properly represented by Bill Cooper:
    Source: http://www.hourofthetime.com/lib/Bill%20Cooper/OKC%20Facility/Secret%20Societies%20and%20Psychological%20Warfare %20by%20Michael%20A.%20Hoffman%20II.pdf

Who is the modern man?
    Esoteric/Exoteric descriptions:
    To the profane it means one thing and to the initiate it means something quite different.
    The puppet masters say "He is the smartest, most advanced individual to ever strut the planet - The most relatively liberated being in history"
    Louie Ferdinand Celine (1894-1961) said:
    "What does the modern public want? - It wants to go down on its knees before money and before crap"
    Who then is the modern man? ... : He is a mind-bombed patsy, an ignorant apathetic twit who gets his marching orders from twilight language 'keywords' sprinkled throughout his news and current events ... and even as he dances to the tune of the elite managers of human behaviour, provoked by buzzwords, he scoffs with great derision at the idea of the existence and operation of a technology of mass mind control emanating from the media and government - and that is most unfortunate.
    Modern man believes that he is much too smart to believe anything as superstitious [laughs] as that [laughs] but the truth is: Modern Man, ladies and gentlemen, is the IDEAL hypnotic subject: Puffed up on the idea that he is the 'crown' of creation, he vehemently denies the power of the hypnotists' control over him - even as his head bobs up and down on the string.
    - Anyone who believes what anyone else writes or says without thoroughly researching it and making sure that it is absolutely true, is a puppet on a string AND ... when the puppet master calls the tune, - He will dance!

© Copyright Original Source

If this is not quite meeting the Revelation 20:7-10 pattern, the current situation is quite similar to what we could expect. What would be different from a more exact type of deception to meet the requirement of Revelation 20:7-10?

One thing seems apparent overall. Scripture does not require our confirmation of it (or awareness of the conditions for its fulfillment) in order for prophecy to be fulfilled.

I should note that Christians are not sinful for recognizing if such prophecy is about to be fulfilled. I have sort of mixed expectations. On one hand we will likely suffer greatly (but not as if we were going through Rev 1-19 again) but on the other hand, we see that God will bring forth judgment on the evildoers. The hope I have is that people would be spared some of the harm meanwhile. Yet, in the end, God reigns overall. And there is a good reason why this is happening ... but what use is there of speaking of that to those people who just think covid is a normal occurrence in the events of mankind?

Comment