Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Persecution in Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Bake me a cake with a hacksaw blade in it! And I don't need no "two men" atop it!
    By the time it gets to your place you'll need a hacksaw to get the other hacksaw out. And you will be as old as Methuselah.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

By the time it gets to your place you'll need a hacksaw to get the other hacksaw out. And you will be as old as Methuselah.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

IMG_1435.JPG

https://www.edmontonpolice.ca/News/M...medium=twitter

Public information and warning: sexual offender released

For Immediate Release: 01-Mar-2021 @ 11:03 AM
        MRU #: HR21R003

In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning; Cyle Larsen is a convicted sexual offender and the Edmonton Police Service has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another sexual offence against someone under the age of 16 while in the community and, as such, there is a duty to warn the public about the risk LARSEN poses.

Larsen will be residing in the Edmonton area. LARSEN will be bound by a Probation Order and will be monitored by the Edmonton Probation Office. LARSEN was recently released from the Edmonton Remand Centre.

Larsen is considered a child sex offender with pedophilic interests towards both male and female children. LARSEN has a history of opportunistic offending against children known to him; and has shown he will groom and/or lure his victims if given the chance.

What a screwed up system.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This just in, right this minute! Good news!

https://www.rebelnews.com/pastor_jam...ource=therebel

Pastor James Coates of Edmonton's GraceLife Church is set to be released in the next few days after Crown prosecutors have agreed to withdraw all but one of his charges related to keeping his church open during the province's COVID lockdown.

According to his legal representation at the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms:
          The Justice Centre will defend Pastor Coates on one remaining charge of violating an Order of the Chief Medical Officer of Health by challenging the lawfulness of the public health order that he is charged with violating.

The Pastor of Grace Life Church near Edmonton has been incarcerated in the Edmonton Remand Centre for a month, since February 16. It is expected that Pastor Coates could be released from jail as early as Friday, March 19.

Pastor Coates was arrested by authorities in Alberta after he allowed, and led, services at GraceLife in contravention of the province's restrictions on public gatherings. Currently, Alberta is only allowing religious gatherings to operate at 15 per cent of the buildings fire code capacity.

Refusing to adhere to the capacity limitations and not forcing congregants to wear masks eventually led to a $1,200 fine and subsequent surveillance by Alberta government officials. Ultimately, GraceLife received an executive order to close the church from the province's Chief Medical Officer of Health Deena Hinshaw.

On February 7, pastor Coates was arrested in his office, though he was released. Following his release, the pastor then returned to holding services the next weeked, February 14, as he had been doing, and once more run afoul of police. Pastor Coates was asked to turn himself in and did so the on February 16.

Pastor Coates would then be placed in custody at Edmonton's Remand Centre — a maximum security prison. Despite the province previously releasing low-risk offenders due to COVID-19 concerns, the pastor remained behind bars.

The pastor was presented with bail terms that, according to his lawyer, James Kitchen from the Justice Centre, were directives he could not follow in good conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            This just in, right this minute! Good news!

https://www.rebelnews.com/pastor_jam...ource=therebel
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how "challenging the lawfulness of the public health order" is against the law. Because the public health order is NOT the law, and I thought we were able to challenge the "law".

Comment

James was released today.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7711765/a...released-jail/

An Alberta pastor who was kept in jail for violating a bail condition to comply with COVID-19 health orders was to be freed Monday without conditions.

James Coates of GraceLife Church in Parkland County pleaded guilty to a charge of breaching bail and was fined $1,500.

However, a judge said the 35 days Coates had spent in custody would count as credit for the entire fine.

Coates was charged in February after officials said the church west of Edmonton had violated public-health measures meant to help contain the spread of COVID-19.

Provincial court Judge Jeffrey Champion agreed to drop all but one charge against Coates. The pastor is to go to trial in May on a count under Alberta’s Public Health Act for holding services that allegedly broke a restriction on the size of gatherings.

Crown prosecutor Leighton Grey and a defence lawyer with the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedom, a group representing the pastor, had suggested Coates be fined $100 for breaching the court undertaking.

The judge disagreed.

“I question whether $100 is a proper denunciation of the conduct of Mr. Coates as well as proper deterrence for others that might feel that ‘I can violate the directions of the chief medical officer of health and get $100 fine,'” Champion said.

The judge said that when the pastor was arrested, the spread of COVID-19 was a serious concern and services at the church could have been “super-spreaders” of the novel coronavirus.

“Members of that (church) were going out into the community in general,” said the judge, who noted that Coates has referred to himself as a shepherd.

“The shepherd ought to protect his flock,” Champion said.

The pastor, wearing an orange-and-black jumpsuit and taking a mask off his face, told the judge in a video conference that he wasn’t trying to make a statement by not complying with his bail conditions.

“I realized that’s the way society is going to perceive what’s happening here. (But) I’m simply here in obedience to Jesus Christ, and it’s my obedience to Christ that has put me at odds with the law,” said Coates.

Comment

IMG_1442.JPG

Comment

I fear the day is coming when this will be so common that we won't have time to respond to every arrest or release.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      I fear the day is coming when this will be so common that we won't have time to respond to every arrest or release.
                      Especially when we only have an isolated pastor here and there defying the fascists. If 80% did it, it would not be as easy to lock them all up.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Especially when we only have an isolated pastor here and there defying the fascists. If 80% did it, it would not be as easy to lock them all up.
                        Yeah there won't be that many pastors bucking the tide to make any sort of difference. I listen to James White only because he's a huge conduit into what's going on in the western church world, and apparently most churches (at least the major ones) are going along not just with the leftist wokeism religion, but most of the draconian pandemic mandates.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Yeah there won't be that many pastors bucking the tide to make any sort of difference. I listen to James White only because he's a huge conduit into what's going on in the western church world, and apparently most churches (at least the major ones) are going along not just with the leftist wokeism religion, but most of the draconian pandemic mandates.
                          Yeah, even my pastor friend who attended the insurrally in D.C. is doing church remotely.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

His first interview after being released:

He did so turn the prison into a church (of a sort)!
                            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                              His first interview after being released:

He did so turn the prison into a church (of a sort)!
                              Thanks for posting that, love! I was going to do it later.

Comment

I was disgusted to read in my local paper last night that the province has given "grants" (read "rewards") to 4 churches in my town, and, I assume, throughout the province, of up to $5000 for obeying the shut downs orders. The money is meant to be used to buy PPE.

Are you kidding me? These churches have been mostly empty for over a year! Give the money to churches that are courageous enough to continue to hold services and obey the Lord's commands! This is nothing more than a bribe to encourage these disobedient churches to continue to stay closed!!!

I hate this screwed up world. Dear Lord, come soon!

Comment