Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

There Are No Pro-Life Evangelicals for Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Are No Pro-Life Evangelicals for Biden

October 7, 2020 by Gabriel Hughes 1 Comment

At the end of the weekend, Joe Biden, the Democrat nominee for President, participated in a town hall in which he was asked, “What are your plans to protect women’s reproductive rights in the U.S.?” Biden replied, “To pass legislation making Roe the law of the land.”
    As President, Biden would do everything in his power to make abortion-on-demand federal law, preventing even the states from making the murder of unborn children illegal. Furthermore, Biden has said he would overturn the Hyde Amendment, forcing Americans to fund abortions using your tax dollars. This has been the Democrat party position since 2016.

Biden’s comment came days after a statement was published entitled We Are Pro-Life Evangelicals for Biden, one of the most oxymoronic headlines I have read. Abortion is the greatest human rights crisis ever—the number 1 killer of human beings over all other causes of death combined. How can anyone call themselves pro-life and vote for the party of priests who sacrifice thousands of children to the pagan god Molech every day?
    Deuteronomy 18:10 says, “There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering.” That’s exactly what abortion is—sacrificing a baby on the altar of the sexual revolution. The Lord said in Leviticus 20:4-5 that if anyone closes their eyes to the one who sacrifices children and won’t do anything about it, “I will set my face against that man and against his clan and will cut them off from among their people, him and all who follow him in whoring after Molech.”

Yet this statement, also an article for The Christian Post, wants to persuade “pro-life evangelicals to vote for Joe Biden.” This is not merely a story about a bunch of guys who say, “Go Biden—but we’re still Christians!” Their objective is specifically to get Christians to vote for the party which upholds as a foundational value the murder of unborn children, something Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has even called “sacred ground.”
    Who are these supposed pro-life evangelines? Says the article, “The signers include John Huffman, board chair emeritus of Christianity Today; Richard Foster, best-selling author of Celebration of Discipline; Jerushah Duford, Billy Graham’s granddaughter; Brenda Salter McNeil, author, speaker, and long-time I VCF leader; John Perkins, founder of the Christian Community Development Association; the two authors of this piece [Ronald Sider and Richard Mouw], and a number of former presidents of evangelical universities.”

Take a wild guess as to what those names have in common. I’ll give you a hint: it’s not being conservative. Richard Foster is pro-LGBTQ; so is Jerushah Duford, who has mocked her uncle Franklin Graham for not hiring homosexuals at Samaritan’s Purse. Brenda Salter McNeil is egalitarian and enthusiastically pro-LGBTQ, even praising what Black Lives Matter does for the “LGBTQ community.” Ron Sider and Richard Mouw say they are not for gay “marriage,” but they are for gay “rights” (giving special privileges for Sodom, I guess).

In short, most of these signers are liberals and not biblically orthodox Christians (when you browse their theology, the results are just as bad). They are ridiculously confused at best and desperately lost at worse.

https://themajestysmen.com/pastorgab...LC98HSc9NjFHVE

Please keep any discussion civil. This isn't Civics.

I am interested in knowing what other believers think of this. The article continues.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

People are allowed to call themselves anything they want. It doesn't make it true. I can't control what other people say and do. I can only focus on what I say and do. Interesting article and some good points but otherwise nothing new here.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I guess my concern is that believers, if indeed they are so, are buying into the liberal mindset in order that they might "win more", but in doing so are badly compromising their walk with God.

I think it speaks volumes about how far away the church has strayed from the gospel and from the standards that God has set out in His word to us.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I guess my concern is that believers, if indeed they are so, are buying into the liberal mindset in order that they might "win more", but in doing so are badly compromising their walk with God.

I think it speaks volumes about how far away the church has strayed from the gospel and from the standards that God has set out in His word to us.
        Agreed. It can be easier to be popular than stand for the truth. I'm expecting this straying to get more pronounced in the next few years. I also predict finding people who stand for the Gospel will become harder.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Agreed. It can be easier to be popular than stand for the truth. I'm expecting this straying to get more pronounced in the next few years. I also predict finding people who stand for the Gospel will become harder.
          Absolutely agree. But there is always that remnant that God promises and the gates of hell will not stand against it.

And all of this does make me question the genuineness of these so-called Christians who abandon God's word for the culture.

Comment

Since salvation is the gift of God lest any man should boast, I don't try to figure out fallen away versus never saved. Some of them may be genuinely saved but fallen into deception. I do know in either case I'm going to avoid them unless God opens a door for me to bring them back.

I'm more concerned about those who are following them believing they are genuine teachers. That is where the great harm comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
              Since salvation is the gift of God lest any man should boast, I don't try to figure out fallen away versus never saved. Some of them may be genuinely saved but fallen into deception. I do know in either case I'm going to avoid them unless God opens a door for me to bring them back.

I'm more concerned about those who are following them believing they are genuine teachers. That is where the great harm comes in.

Yes. There will be a great accounting one day.

We are told in scripture to test the spirits, and we are to judge others by their fruit, and I do not see fruit that aligns with God's word in these leaders who align themselves with evil. I have no problems with calling them unbelievers until they portray otherwise.

I will grant that some are deceived, but I fully believe that the majority of them know exactly what they are and what they are doing.
              Last edited by mossrose; 10-08-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment