Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Greek in 1 Cor 6:19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line: I was not influenced by either scripture or personal testimony regarding the Holy Spirit, which/who was not mentioned by the public speaker or anyone else on the evening about which I have testified.

the invitation was "If you wish to dedicate your life to God, raise your hand."

I was just a stranger in a crowd, with no one exchanging a personal word with me. The only witness to me that night ― however not personally ― was the ex navy guy/freshman who was the speaker for the evening, who did not know me, nor I him, and who never spoke to me before, during, or after that meeting.
    It's good enough for me - neither by man nor through man - doesn't require no knowledge whatever of the gospel. Paul was present when Stephen was stoned, and he would have heard something of a witness from some of the people he was persecuting. In point of fact it would be difficult indeed for a person who knew absolutely nothing of the gospel to make a commitment to him whom they do not even know exists.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X