Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Restoring John Reece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring John Reece

Reposted from here:

Extracting posts from the old forums

"Yesterday I went through John's Proverbs thread on archive and unfortunately some pages of it weren't archived, but what does exist may still help start to recreate it (and other threads). I was gonna suggest maybe volunteers each take a thread and help repost it, if he wanted to go that route. Have sticky in Languages logging who takes what to avoid duplication. Could do that for other forums with "important" threads in them too. Just an idea..."

I will post a general announcement to this when I don't have to work so late, but I am on break, and wanted to post this. I think it essential we preserve John's threads, and any others that people think are noteworthy. John's work is scholarly and so much benefit.

So any volunteers that want to retrieve these threads, send the file to me at my email address ddw at theologyweb dot com, and Chris said he will upload them to a folder on the server,and then I will send the link back to you to start a thread with.

The reason I want to do it this way, because say, in the example in this thread, the member wants to clear up their dropbox account etc., this way, the file will be on TWeb's server. Which hopefully we will back up. It is doing automatic backups at the host, but I am bugging Chris to send me a backup file as well.
    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

The thread I would most like to see restored is Proverbs ― along with my avatar.

Many thanks to all who contribute to this process; so sorry I am not compete to do so myself.

Comment

The avatar is here.

I'm afraid that only about a third of the Proverbs thread is restorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
          The avatar is here.
          Wonderful! Many thanks!

I'm afraid that only about a third of the Proverbs thread is restorable.
          That's quite enough; it was unfinished when the site crashed, so I would have had to complete it even if the site had not crashed.

Comment

Not sure if we avatar ability restored yet....

sigpic

Comment

Just for these little dinky things. Hopefully we will eventually get the big ones back again.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                Not sure if we avatar ability restored yet....
                I just didn't want to lose the avatar, which I could not find anywhere on the web.

Thanks to Paprika, I was able to place the avatar as "profile picture" in my profile, but not in my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Just for these little dinky things. Hopefully we will eventually get the big ones back again.
                  Sparko's avatar looks plenty big enough; I wonder how he did it...

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                    Sparko's avatar looks plenty big enough; I wonder how he did it...
                    It probably isn't any bigger than what I have, pixel-wise. I have tried to upload bigger ones, but it is a no go.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
                      Wonderful! Many thanks!
                      You're welcome

Proverbs is here. It contains posts #1-150 and 451-465

Comment

You're welcome

Proverbs is here. It contains posts #1-150 and 451-465
                        Thank you!!!

Comment

John, you deleted your post… do you not want to do that now?

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                              I do not remember what I deleted (yes, my brain is that far gone). I changed my mind several times in a short period of time.

I have discovered that my threads retrieved via Dropbox require re-editing and re-formatting when they are posted here at the new TWeb site. Being a perfectionist, I would prefer to do that myself.

With regard to Proverbs, I have already started the process of posting a new thread taking one post per day from Dropbox and restoring the original editing and formatting.

I really appreciate people being interested and able to retrieve my old posts, which is something I would not be able to do myself.

Paprika has retrieved my avatar and what was left of my old Proverbs thread, for which I am most grateful. I also greatly appreciate JohnnyP's starting this thread, and of course Robrecht's interest and encouragement.

Beyond that, I am at a loss for words. I live moment by moment struggling to avoid lapsing into incoherent incompetence.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X