Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The camel and the needle's eye and the word that became flesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    Detoxification is kind of weaning, it is a process, a way. The camel, the ship of the desert, brings you from out of Egyptian slavery into the promised land.

"The camel received its name ("gamal") because it is like a "weaned" child ("gamul") and can go for a ling time without drinking"

Comment

Syriac Bible the camel rendered as rope.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
        Syriac Bible the camel rendered as rope.
        That doesn't take away that the camel represents the third letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
          That doesn't take away that the camel represents the third letter.
          does anyone listen to your nonsense? You can't even get latin and german right, why should anyone think you can get greek, hebrew, or aramaic right?

Comment

https://twitter.com/RabbiGinsburgh

Every month in the Hebrew calendar is represented by a letter. The letter of Adar is kuf (ק), which means “monkey” (קוף).

In Hebrew, “monkey” (קוף) also means “eye of a needle”; the epitome of the impossible is to thread an elephant through the eye of a needle.

An elephant coming through the eye of a needle alludes to the infinite God who formed a tiny vacuum and passed through it.

God penetrates the vacuum of creation because the entire creation is being recreated at every moment and God’s presence exists here too.

The wonder (פֶּלֶא) of God’s infinite presence in a finite world is as amusing as an elephant (פִּיל) passing through the eye of a needle.
            The same counts for the camel, even more since "camel" is the name of the third letter "gimel". (see above)

The wonder (פֶּלֶא):

"The stone rejected by the builders did become head of the corner -
            From the Lord (Tetragrammaton present in the initials of "yom hashishi vayçhulu hashamayim" ) and it is wondrous in our eyes - הִיא נִפְלָאת בְּעֵינֵינוּ,

(Mark 12:10-11 after Psalms 118-22-23)

Which intimates that "the needle's eye" is the little opening represnted by the letter "hey" in "hashishi" ...

(the quantitative differnce between "yom shishi" and "yom hashishi" being very small-- 666 versus 671) -- the qualitative difference is a world to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Geert van den Bos;811
              Hebrew letters are consonants. They form "the body" of the word, i.e. "the flesh". John 6:51, [I
              I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.[/I]
              https://twitter.com/mozeson

Mar 16

If you think that words are not about the seven basic anatomical letters (vowels, lip-made, throat-made, nose made, etc.) then see this You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNb...ature=youtu.be

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X