Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Happy Belated Birthday, John Reece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Belated Birthday, John Reece!

Happy 80th Birthday, John!

We had plans to have a big iCelebration for you last December 2nd, but then the LORD said, "Come, let us go down, and there confound their website, that they may not understand one another's posts. ..."

I hope the website administration will be able to recover all your great threads, which were incredibly useful to all of us desiring to learn biblical languages.

But most importantly, you have shared yourself and your kind, gentle spirit and we are all better for having known you.

Peace and all good things!

Your friend, Robrecht
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Originally posted by robrecht View Post

We had plans to have a big iCelebration for you last December 2nd, but then the LORD said, "Come, let us go down, and there confound their website, that they may not understand one another's posts. ..."

I hope the website administration will be able to recover all your great threads, which were incredibly useful to all of us desiring to learn biblical languages.

But most importantly, you have shared yourself and your kind, gentle spirit and we are all better for having known you.

Your friend, Robrecht
    Sadly Robrecht we cannot recover John's awesome contributions (although some may well reside in the memory of archive.com). And even sadder John has taken this opportunity to retire from active involvement on TWeb.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I am, however, going to send your post to him.

Maybe he will grace us with a visit once in a while.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thanks! Please share my email address with him as well. I miss our discussions.

Comment

I have sent your post to him. When he replies I will give him your email addy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by raphael View Post
              Sadly Robrecht we cannot recover John's awesome contributions (although some may well reside in the memory of archive.com). And even sadder John has taken this opportunity to retire from active involvement on TWeb.
              That (my retirement) was before I was overwhelmed by the graciousness of robrecht and mossrose.
              Last edited by John Reece; 06-24-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post

Your friend, Robrecht
                Thank you, Robrecht.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  I have sent your post to him. When he replies I will give him your email addy.
                  Thank you, mossrose.

Comment

Happy Birthday! Well, it's a lot late, but still. Oh, don't try to eat the cake, it's been sitting out a bit too long.

Comment

John, I'm still using those Mounce books you got me. Many thanks to you! Have a peaceful retirement and God bless.

Comment

Happy Birthday John! everyone has missed you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Happy Birthday! Well, it's a lot late, but still. Oh, don't try to eat the cake, it's been sitting out a bit too long.

Thank you, Cerebrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Happy Birthday John! everyone has missed you!
                            Thank you, Sparko.

I am happy to see you on the job at the Biblical Languages forum .

Comment

Welcome, John.

I didn't get robrecht's addy to you. I guess he can give it to you his own self.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X