Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

SWBTS student narrates ‘Jesus’ film in its 2,000th language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWBTS student narrates ‘Jesus’ film in its 2,000th language

Yeah, I know, not really "Biblical Languages", but I thought this was impressive.
    Feel free to move it to wherever you believe it might belong.

SWBTS student narrates ‘Jesus’ film in its 2,000th language

FORT WORTH, Texas (BP) – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary student Mang Siing recently became a part of history when he served as the narrator for the Zo language translation of the world-famous Jesus Film. The effort marked the film’s 2,000th available language.

Jesus” depicts the life and ministry of Christ, and is the world’s most translated film, according to Guinness World Records. Since its release in 1979, it has been viewed by billions of people around the world and resulted in more than 600 million decisions for Christ, according to statistics on the film’s website.

Siing, who is pursuing a Ph.D. in missions with a minor in evangelism at SWBTS, was approached through a connection with the evangelical organization Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) about leading the translation project for the film in the Zo language.

Siing, who is from Myanmar, said Zo is one of more than 50 different dialects of the Chin people group, and was of the last of the Chin languages to receive a biblical translation. The New Testament translation of Zo was completed about 10 years ago, followed by the entire Bible in 2018.

Aside from the Bible and a few Christian hymns, Siing said there is a lack of Christian content or resources in Zo. Many tribes do not even have access to the internet.

He is thrilled the translation of the Jesus Film will change that forever.

“I was so excited, and our people were so excited,” Siing said. “I thank God for the opportunity and God has blessed our community with this.

“We don’t have any movie or film in our language, much less The Jesus Film. We were all excited, and we really know that Jesus is our King and Savior, so for Him to speak our language is a great opportunity. This is a milestone for our people group.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

That's great. It reminded me of this book I heard about from Steve Gregg's stuff:

Bruchko: The Astonishing True Story of a 19-Year-Old American, His Capture by the Motilone Indians and His Adventures in Christianizing the Stone Age Tribe

I know one guy who is helping African and Russian churches against the various cults. There are lots of mormon, jw, and word of faith type groups in Africa that follow the evangelism of the actual church. But it is good some people are around to promote the true gospel.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X