Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Does anyone have access to JBL on Logos or elsewhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have access to JBL on Logos or elsewhere?

I used to have Logos but don't anymore, and need a copy of a JBL article to check some source material…. Can anyone help?
    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

I don't have Logos, but I am a member of SBL so I should have access to back issues. What do you need?
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I need Steven J. Scherrer, “Signs and Wonders in the Imperial Cult: A New Look at a Roman Religious Institution in the Light of Revelation 13:13–15,” Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 103, I think the article begins on page 601.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, can't get it tonight. Something's not working with the JBL archive on JSTOR:

JBL 1880-2010 Issues
        Access to JSTOR is temporarily unavailable. We will restore a link as soon as the issue is resolved.
        I'll check back tomorrow, but I don't know how long the problem has already or will continue to persist. Eventually, I'll be making a trip to the University library, but not until I get back from San Diego and catch up on a few things around the house. That would probably be another couple of weeks.

Sorry!

Comment

Strange, but it turns out I can get it if I go into my JSTOR account without going through the JBL website. I have the article now on my computer. Let me know what you need to check and I'll take a look. I can only view the article on my screen, can't download a PDF without paying $14.

Comment

Can I email you some text from my edited commentary and have you check that it is an accurate summary and that I didn't inadvertently do a direct quote (I took my commentary from notes and am paranoid that inadvertently some of my notes might be direct quotations instead of summaries)

sigpic

Comment

Sure, if you do not have my email address, I can PM it to you.

Comment

Please PM me when you get a chance

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X