Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Apocalypse of John, by Charles C. Torrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apocalypse of John, by Charles C. Torrey

Torrey's translation of his conjectured text of the Aramaic original of The Apocalypse of John; i.e., an Aramaic text that existed, per Torrey's thesis, during the Aramaic period of the nascent Christian Church:
    22 17I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.

Comment

• Torrey's translation of his conjectured text of the Aramaic original of The Apocalypse of John; i.e., an Aramaic text that existed, per Torrey's thesis, during the Aramaic period of the nascent Christian Church:
      22 16I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.
      17The Spirit and the Bride say, Come; and let him who hears say, Come; and let him who is thirsty come, let him who desires take the water of life freely.

Comment

Torrey's translation of his conjectured text of the Aramaic original of The Apocalypse of John; i.e., an Aramaic text that existed, per Torrey's thesis, during the Aramaic period of the nascent Christian Church:
        22 18I bear witness to every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are described in this book; 19and if any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part of the tree of life and of the holy city, which are described in this book.

Comment

22 20He who bears witness to these things says, Indeed, I am coming soon! Amen, Come Lord Jesus.

23The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen.

Thus ends The Apocalypse of John, by Charles Cutler Torrey.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X