No announcement yet.

What kind of Game do you want to See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everyone is a n00b in this game, right? But, I'll quit whining since I agreed to give this a try.

Is cluelessness or muddleheadedness an attribute or a key or what?
    sigpic
    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
      Not everyone is a n00b in this game, right? But, I'll quit whining since I agreed to give this a try.

Is cluelessness or muddleheadedness an attribute or a key or what?
      It could be your characters heroic flaw... :D

and JP, I'm not kidding, while some may have played other systems, this is the first time we're ever using this system, which means everybody (including me) is a newb.
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

IC is right, we are all new to the particular system. It's a role playing game. People mess up in real life, why wouldn't characters? It will be good experience for IC. And there are plenty of folks here who can help bail you out if you need it.

Have fun. That's why we are doing this.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          IC is right, we are all new to the particular system. It's a role playing game. People mess up in real life, why wouldn't characters? It will be good experience for IC. And there are plenty of folks here who can help bail you out if you need it.

Have fun. That's why we are doing this.
          Yeah, it's all good fun. It's not so much the destination in a Pen-N-Paper RPG as it is the journey (though, hey, let's face it... slaying an evil barbarian warlord is pretty epic).
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I feel like Penny in The Big Bang Theory.
            sigpic

Comment

I feel like Penny in The Big Bang Theory.
              If I recall that episode, Penny ended up doing really well. Her Elf took out the dragon, well voiced by Howard.

Comment

I was looking at one of the other campaigns. How do we know whose turn it is? How are dice rolled? Seriously, I'm gonna drive you crazy with my ignorance!

But, as a published fiction author, I'm kinda groovin' on the idea of filling out a character sheet.
                sigpic

Comment

I was looking at one of the other campaigns. How do we know whose turn it is? How are dice rolled? Seriously, I'm gonna drive you crazy with my ignorance!

But, as a published fiction author, I'm kinda groovin' on the idea of filling out a character sheet.
                  Don't worry, it's all in the book.

What do you have so far?
                  "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                  -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                    Don't worry, it's all in the book.

What do you have so far?
                    Character name: Silvia
                    Grey haired, earth mother type, skilled herbalist and healer, vast knowledge of plants.
                    Hypnotist. Master archer.
                    Someone suggested her bow should be made of vines and I love the idea of herb-potions for the arrow tips.
                    Tendency to not get the big picture - can't see the forest for the trees. Just knows her specialties. Point her toward the bad guy and she'll shoot. Point her toward the good guy and she'll save or heal.

I haven't read enough of the book yet to do a proper character sheet, figure out numbers to assign, or even get what edges and keys are yet. Someone said I am Yellow...still reading up on that. But, I love yellow!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Here's an online dice roller: http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20dicebag/

What and when the DM will tell you as appropriate.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Well, you've sucked me in! I read through the character design portion of the book. Made a drawing of my character and tried to fill in most of the sections of the character sheet. But, I noticed the book advised not doing that in advance. It says this should be done as a team in the first session.

So, I'm not sure what the best next step is...or how to use that dice roller!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                          Well, you've sucked me in! I read through the character design portion of the book. Made a drawing of my character and tried to fill in most of the sections of the character sheet. But, I noticed the book advised not doing that in advance. It says this should be done as a team in the first session.

Since we're doing it online, it's perfectly fine to do in advance.
                          -Unknown

I support the :
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ignore modifiers unless IC tells you otherwise. If you are rolling more than one die put the number in the first box. Click on the die you want to roll and it does the rest. When rolling one die just click on that die.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                              Well, you've sucked me in! I read through the character design portion of the book. Made a drawing of my character and tried to fill in most of the sections of the character sheet. But, I noticed the book advised not doing that in advance. It says this should be done as a team in the first session.

Now, what do you have?
                              -Unknown

I support the :
                              sigpic

Comment

• I see you've already found my character sheet in the exploratory thread.

Did those words just come out of me?
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X