What kind of Game do you want to See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
    Your words woo, but your emoticon betrays your intentions.
    Come on, it'll be fun!
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

You get busy on the getting started part.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        He means the Red Ranger. It's not so bad. If everything goes south you can get sent to the U.N. and leave the rest of us to sort it out.

I'm the Pink Ranger!
        Is this the Power Ranger final fantasy?

Comment

I don't have the faintest idea how to even begin or what kind of time commitment this entails.
          sigpic
          "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Originally posted by Scorching Wizard View Post
            Is this the Power Ranger final fantasy?
            no, it's a separate system,
            check this thread for details:http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...d-Tokyo-Heroes
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

I don't have the faintest idea how to even begin or what kind of time commitment this entails.
              Probably 5 min every other day.
              -Unknown

I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

"About time youse got here. Your uniform is hanging up over there. Briefing's in 10 minutes, room 12A." The guard says motioning towards a shiny red uniform with his chin.

Comment

I just looked at that exploratory thread. Do you seriously want a first timer in there? I'm overwhelmed already! Who would baby-step me through if we're competitors?

And...you guys have been talking about this for a YEAR and haven't started it yet?!
                  sigpic

Comment

I just looked at that exploratory thread. Do you seriously want a first timer in there? I'm overwhelmed already! Who would baby-step me through if we're competitors?
                    It's every bodies first time through this system, so you are in good company. It is actually great if you would join. And if you have any questions, just ask.

And...you guys have been talking about this for a YEAR and haven't started it yet?!
                    My fault, was busy with work.
                    -Unknown

I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a go. I'll probably mess up the game.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a go. I'll probably mess up the game.
                        Yay.I'll PM you.
                        -Unknown

I support the :
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                          Yay.I'll PM you.
                          sigpic

Comment

No problem. If you make a mistake, we'll jump all over you. <just kidding> As players, we normally aren't competitors. We're normally set up as a group and cooperate. It's us against the world (otherwise known as the DM, referee, gamemaster, what have you). Our players may have different motives, but it's rare for players to attack each other. The DM isn't even "against" us. The DM is playing just as much as we are. Play comes to abrupt end if the DM wipes out the group. Plus players will get pissed off and leave the game, if the DM wipes out characters just for the heck of it. I ran a campaign here for a few years. I bent over backwards to try to keep my players alive, though sometimes the dice are against you. And if your character does die, you simply roll up another one.

I've never played Final fantasy either, no clue of the rules. Doesn't matter. You'll make a character and just tell the DM what you want your character to do. Easy-squeezy. As a hint, whenever the DM asks "are you SURE you want to do that?", that is a broad hint that your character is about to do something massively stupid and/or suicidal. DM's will often given hints if the group is stuck to get the game moving forward.

The only thing is, you need to commit to play. It sucks when a group of people are waiting literally days on a single player to take their turn. If you going on vacation or something, please let us know. It is the courteous thing to do.
                            Last edited by Scorching Wizard; 08-03-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah. Making a character.

The easiest way to make a character is to simply use your imagination of something you've imagined doing. Like being an indestructible Terminator-like android, or being Spiderman, or being a Crouching Tiger ninja, or anything. The DM will then assist you to create a character matching your dreams using the rules of the game.

Comment

It's not that complex of a system - it just looks hard because you aren't used to reading them. I'll help you.

Yeah, that part is a problem. If I were a mod...

Heck, I'd have probably just kept poking him like I did anyway...
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X