Exploratory Thread: Tavern Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    I think, 'Just met' could be an interesting idea. We could see what happens from there.
    Works for me.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Works for me.
      I think mine would work best with "just met"
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        I think mine would work best with "just met"
        Fine with me, the problem with duels is that it shuts most of the players out of the game until it's their turn to duel.
        --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Run more than one at once?

Comment

Okay, so you will meet as you come in and if some of you want to duel, that's fine (one advantage to PBP is that I can run multiple fights simultaneously).

I plan to post the opening this afternoon.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

FYI: I will presume your character knows why they are there and has chosen to come unless otherwise stated (so if you want you can have your former party trick you into coming - backstory is up to you).
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Dangit.....now I need to figure out how to add points when leveling up. It took me enough time just relearning the basics...
                Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Could someone help him out? I'm not online enough.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                    Dangit.....now I need to figure out how to add points when leveling up. It took me enough time just relearning the basics...
                    Adding what points? We don't level up until we gain xp.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[Shlak is a first level character. There was a little confusion about which game was which. ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[pm sent]
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          [Shlak is a first level character. There was a little confusion about which game was which. ]
                          Ah.

TT, just use this site (http://www.pathguy.com/cg35lite.htm) to build your char. It does all of the calculating for you.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

That site was actually really helpful. Thanks! Now I have a new "Shlak" who's.....not really suited for a fight in a tavern....hm. Well, I'll just wait for another campaign to be created.
                            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                              That site was actually really helpful. Thanks! Now I have a new "Shlak" who's.....not really suited for a fight in a tavern....hm. Well, I'll just wait for another campaign to be created.

You can build the character you want. Why not actually make him suited for a tavern fight?
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

You can build the character you want. Why not actually make him suited for a tavern fight?
                                Yes....that wasn't simply a ploy to make you let your guard down....because I'm still in there, watching from a dark corner of the bar.....waiting....heh...heh, heh. (Plus, I already kind of entered the bar with the character in question.)

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X