Exploratory Thread: Mutants and Masterminds 2e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was planning on a Zora form, yes.

Also, better than rolling attacks for 100-250 chickens would be treating the group as a single large swarm.

I guess I didn't make it sufficiently clear:
    For the rest of the base character I think you should carefully choose skills and feats, abilities and saves that are going to be helpful when you're in your different mask forms.
    That was exactly what I wanted help with.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Spartacus -

You can integrate bonuses to stats and saves etc into the Mask's different power forms, so as a base character you just need to build the base stats and stuff that the character would have without the mask. These don't necessarily have to be very high, although you might want to think about how to operate if you don't have the mask.

For Feats I would be looking at general combat feats like Accurate attack, Power attack, All out attack, Takedown; also you may want to have Defensive roll (if it's an agile character) or Dodge focus, Evasion, things like that. These should all be available when you have the mask on, too.

It's a bit hard to be more specific without a better idea of the concept for the base character. I'll try and make a 'build' when I get a bit of time later today.

Another thought: You could make the chickens a 'flavour' for another power, for example
      Visual Obscure, PR4 8pp
      A mass of angry fluttering chickens fills the area (100 foot radius)
      Last edited by MaxVel; 08-11-2014, 11:01 PM.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• The idea of creating multiple shapeshifting forms has proven just a bit too complex and intimidating for an inexperienced player.

Comment

• Don't feel bad...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            The idea of creating multiple shapeshifting forms has proven just a bit too complex and intimidating for an inexperienced player.
            That bites... maybe make something simpler? Like a Psychic... or The Spleen.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
              Was thinking more along the lines of a flying brick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                Was thinking more along the lines of a flying brick.
                Eh, if all else fails, we could help you whip up a character.

Comment

Mystery Men reference? Years ago our DM retired our party (AD&D) as we had gotten so (overly) powerful we "could fart 6hp damage."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Mystery Men reference? Years ago our DM retired our party (AD&D) as we had gotten so (overly) powerful we "could fart 6hp damage."
                    Yes, that was a Mystery Men reference.

What happened if you lit the fart?
                    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 08-22-2014, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• By the way, folks... I'm going to need for each of you to provide me with what color you want your Hero's Token to be when it comes to the map.

Comment

• Pink!

Er, wait, wrong game...
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Orange or tan (or some suitable earthy colour).

Comment

• <Bump>

Anyone need any help making a character?

I could rough up a possible build if someone has some concepts that they're working on....

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              <Bump>

Anyone need any help making a character?

I could rough up a possible build if someone has some concepts that they're working on....
                              I built IC one, Spart's got his new concept fleshed out, and Teal's gonna work on it when she gets a chance (though she says we can start without her). I'll be starting once Sparty sends me his character sheet.

Comment

Spart's got his new concept fleshed out
                                Quite the opposite, actually. But maybe that's an overly circuitous way of speaking.

It's a robot

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X