• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

Oi! Sparty! How you been?!
    Been getting my fill of half-baked religious and political argumentation by moderating a facebook group for the past ~10 months. I also recently spent a month as a long-term sub for 5th and 6th graders. Compared to handling people on facebook who are only interested in finding excuses to look down on each other, managing the students didn't seem so difficult.

I also spend some free time watching a couple of Twitch streams and making bad puns in chat. Unlike facebook users and middle schoolers, people in twitch chat know how to appreciate hard work

I got an essay published on the website of a major Catholic magazine last fall, which was pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    I'm willing to entertain the idea of playing, though given my level of skill in this game it might be best for me to play as a character who took a few too many blows to the head...

Oi! Sparty! How you been?!

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    I'm willing to entertain the idea of playing, though given my level of skill in this game it might be best for me to play as a character who took a few too many blows to the head...

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

I'm gonna give it a day or two and then just go with whatever party we have. I am expecting to have to fill in with a few NPCs - but I'm also assuming we might have late comers to the party.
    Internet access is intermittent for me at the moment (out entirely at home due to a flooded basement ); I'll pop in when I can.

Debating whether or not to go dual-class, and what the second class might be.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

I'm gonna give it a day or two and then just go with whatever party we have. I am expecting to have to fill in with a few NPCs - but I'm also assuming we might have late comers to the party.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Not exactly. Yes.
    If he plays a magic user, I think I might play either a Barbarian frontliner or a Rogue face.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    So... all the mages are wild?

Could I dust off my Tome of Magic?
    Not exactly. Yes.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    So... all the mages are wild?

Could I dust off my Tome of Magic?

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    4d6
    16th and 17th can have a second class, much lower than the primary (6th for 16th but 5th for 17th).
    Holding off on the starting gold until I know how many players are interested - but you can safely start with the standard for the level - it will be higher and you will have a chance to adjust accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    So... for Attributes... Point Buy? 4d6 Rolls? Array? Is there incentive to play a 16th Level character as opposed to an 18th Level character? Starting Gold?
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 07-21-2018, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    I have to say... I'm interested.

Dunno what I'd play yet, but I'd be interested.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    started a topic Exploratory Thread: A Friend In Need

Exploratory Thread: A Friend In Need

Game: DnD (open source), 16 - 18th level
    Premise: A band of veteran adventurers reunite to try and save a friend in need. Coming out of retirement or semi-retirement, it has been fifteen years since they last worked together.

Things have changed since they last swung swords and magic together - magic has become increasingly 'wonky' - even high level mages finding familiar spells suddenly acting like a Wand of Wonder instead - with no real predictability to it. Clerics are even worse off - below fifth level, none of them can even get a spell to work and at 16th, they have a 10% failure rate for spells above third level (and an additional 10% every three levels above).

Monsters have the same issues - some (like displacer beasts) can barely manifest themselves at all, let alone attack anyone. Few evil monsters remain - people, however...

Anyone interested?
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X