Roll20 Gaming... Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll20 Gaming... Anyone Interested?

So, I primarily do my TTRPG gaming on Roll20 these days (as in almost a decade now). It's a Virtual Table-Top, and while it needs to iron out a LOT of kinks, I've come to enjoy it.

Would anyone be down to try it sometime, either for a One-Shot or a Campaign? It's Free to Create an Account, and I'd totally be willing to teach people my System of Choice (Savage Worlds).
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

I have an account I set up last time someone wanted to use it. I think it was Teallaura, but she ghosted before we started. So I have no idea how to use it, and I really haven't played D&D tabletop in over 20 years. I am willing but I will be a complete noob.

Comment

The main issue here for me would be the timing. Despite playing with a group that has much more free time they still haven't gotten me into a tabletop game other than Tabletop Simulator* version of Munchkin.

*Not free like Roll20, but has a lot of features for making your own table top game campaigns as well as some premade shorter adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I have an account I set up last time someone wanted to use it. I think it was Teallaura, but she ghosted before we started. So I have no idea how to use it, and I really haven't played D&D tabletop in over 20 years. I am willing but I will be a complete noob.
        Yeah, shame about that.

Thankfully, Roll20's integrated character sheets are fairly newbie-friendly (barring a few exceptions). On top of that, Savage Worlds is a really easy system to teach, and it does a LOT more than High Fantasy so if that's not your jam that's perfectly okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          The main issue here for me would be the timing. Despite playing with a group that has much more free time they still haven't gotten me into a tabletop game other than Tabletop Simulator* version of Munchkin.

*Not free like Roll20, but has a lot of features for making your own table top game campaigns as well as some premade shorter adventures.
          Ah, Timing... TTRPG's biggest adversary. I dunno how many times I've had to pass on games because of scheduling conflicts. Thankfully, my boss knows I use these nights as a, 'vent' so I can function at work.

I've seen Tabletop Simulator a few times, apparently you can also buy Savage Worlds Modules for it. If Roll20 ever goes belly-up, I might consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

Ah, Timing... TTRPG's biggest adversary. I dunno how many times I've had to pass on games because of scheduling conflicts. Thankfully, my boss knows I use these nights as a, 'vent' so I can function at work.

I go to bed pretty early like 6 PM Eastern Time, but I'm technically able to play games most days. The group I play with tends to get caught up in a video game, and then we forget to even try a tabletop game. They use Roll 20 too, but I told them I think I would prefer trying it in Tabletop Simulator especially since I bought the 4-pack so we could play table top games together that way. I also know the controls better there.

I've seen Tabletop Simulator a few times, apparently you can also buy Savage Worlds Modules for it. If Roll20 ever goes belly-up, I might consider it.
            You don't really have to buy Savage Worlds modules* due to the game having Community mods. People have like everything tabletop uploaded there already. Some of them are really impressive, like boards with special effects, all kinds of figurines, preprogrammed events**. I've seen it on sale for around $5. I'd love to try their VR version, but I don't have a headset to do that.

*Doesn't look like they sell them either. They do have some other stuff, but they seem to be more generic versions of various genres.
            **Like say entering X dungeon causes Y enemy to attack the party.

Comment

I go to bed pretty early like 6 PM Eastern Time, but I'm technically able to play games most days. The group I play with tends to get caught up in a video game, and then we forget to even try a tabletop game. They use Roll 20 too, but I told them I think I would prefer trying it in Tabletop Simulator especially since I bought the 4-pack so we could play table top games together that way. I also know the controls better there.
              Noice. We'd probably have to do a morning game if I were to run something then... I usually run around 6-7PM Saskatchewan Time (Central/Mountain depending on whether the accursed DST is in play)

You don't really have to buy Savage Worlds modules* due to the game having Community mods. People have like everything tabletop uploaded there already. Some of them are really impressive, like boards with special effects, all kinds of figurines, preprogrammed events**. I've seen it on sale for around $5. I'd love to try their VR version, but I don't have a headset to do that.

*Doesn't look like they sell them either. They do have some other stuff, but they seem to be more generic versions of various genres.
              **Like say entering X dungeon causes Y enemy to attack the party.
              That's the one thing I love about PC games, the sheer volume of mods and modding communities can extend the lifespan of games for decades; and most of them are free (I really feel like the mod devs should have a Tip Jar or something, but that's just me). Daggerfall's a game from 1996, and apparently the modding community is still going strong.

Comment

Noice. We'd probably have to do a morning game if I were to run something then... I usually run around 6-7PM Saskatchewan Time (Central/Mountain depending on whether the accursed DST is in play)
                Yup, that's the major problem with getting a tabletop game together is that by the time they are playing something like it is too late for me, but the ideal time for me for a tabletop game would be too early for them.

That's the one thing I love about PC games, the sheer volume of mods and modding communities can extend the lifespan of games for decades; and most of them are free (I really feel like the mod devs should have a Tip Jar or something, but that's just me). Daggerfall's a game from 1996, and apparently the modding community is still going strong.
                Yeah, a lot of the ones on Steam's Community are just uploads of existing games so copyright comes into play. I do know of some mods or fixes where the devs have a tip jar type setup. Special K, which is a system that can mod many different games to fix them has such a system. They really made Disgaea PC much more enjoyable with the fixes applied. Fortunately the other games in the series don't seem to need mods.

There is even work on a Skyrim multiplayer mod. I think that would be loads of fun if they can get it working properly. Minecraft has an interesting one where you can find and catch all of the Pokemon and battle each other. Terraria I think now has community mods too, and they are about to have their third attempt at the "final update" sometime later this year.

Comment

Yup, that's the major problem with getting a tabletop game together is that by the time they are playing something like it is too late for me, but the ideal time for me for a tabletop game would be too early for them.
                  Exactly, which is why Scheduling Conflicts is considered the nastiest campaign-killing monster, not even the Tarrasque can keep up with it's numbers.

Yeah, a lot of the ones on Steam's Community are just uploads of existing games so copyright comes into play. I do know of some mods or fixes where the devs have a tip jar type setup. Special K, which is a system that can mod many different games to fix them has such a system. They really made Disgaea PC much more enjoyable with the fixes applied. Fortunately the other games in the series don't seem to need mods.

There is even work on a Skyrim multiplayer mod. I think that would be loads of fun if they can get it working properly. Minecraft has an interesting one where you can find and catch all of the Pokemon and battle each other. Terraria I think now has community mods too, and they are about to have their third attempt at the "final update" sometime later this year.
                  I've heard Morrowind was getting Multiplayer at some point.

Ah, Disgaea... I really should play those. I have way too many games in my backlog...

Comment

Exactly, which is why Scheduling Conflicts is considered the nastiest campaign-killing monster, not even the Tarrasque can keep up with it's numbers.
                    If only they could just ban it like they did the Impossibeast in Dungeons, Dungeons and more Dungeons.

I've heard Morrowind was getting Multiplayer at some point.
                    Too bad it's not Oblivion, I just got that one for free because of Amazon's Prime Gaming service.

Ah, Disgaea... I really should play those. I have way too many games in my backlog...
                    I really enjoyed the first game, and I really do need to finish it entirely. I still have several different endings, Etna mode*, and the secret boss. My main characters are at a pathetic level 100 or so, and not really able to compete with some of the tougher dungeons right now.

I also have an extensive backlog and more and more titles just get added. Usually at minimum another 10 each month. Between Humble Bundle, GoG, Epic, Origin, and Steam I probably have well over 500 games at this point. If we bring in console games it gets even worse.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X