No announcement yet.

Pathfinder One-Shot: Any Takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between a mild phobia of contacting authority figures and the forums eating 2/3 of my PM the first time I tried to send it, that is still a work in progress...

Comment

• They aren't authority figures - they're just volunteers that help keep the relative peace around this place. CV is a mod. I used to be. They don't bite - honest.

Oh dang, there's an add on that helps with that. I gotta go figure out what it is - I lost mine a week or to ago when I did a recovery.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        They aren't authority figures - they're just volunteers that help keep the relative peace around this place. CV is a mod. I used to be. They don't bite - honest.

Oh dang, there's an add on that helps with that. I gotta go figure out what it is - I lost mine a week or to ago when I did a recovery.
        Speak for yourself

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Finally messaged RumTumTugger just now!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Speak for yourself

Ha!

You haven't had a decent bite since CP stole your last set of dentures and pawned them to get money to buy Jake a motor scooter.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Ha!

You haven't had a decent bite since CP stole your last set of dentures and pawned them to get money to buy Jake a motor scooter.
              This dazzling smile is the result of my real teeth. No dentures.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                This dazzling smile is the result of my real teeth. No dentures.
                Ick!!!!

You painted your gums again!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• If we're not started before the 1st of December, I'll probably give up.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• RumTumTugger has still not responded.

I leave tomorrow for Thanksgiving in another state. Back in about 4 days I think?

Comment

• ... Actually, if someone could give me a hand with Magic Items and a Spell List for RG's Android Cleric, that'd totally help me start this thing up.
                      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                        ... Actually, if someone could give me a hand with Magic Items and a Spell List for RG's Android Cleric, that'd totally help me start this thing up.
                        I know very little about cleric class mechanics, so I may not be the best person for that, but if you know what domains he's going for, sharing that knowledge might make it possible for someone else to suggest good spell lists. I'm sufficiently bored tonight to make a go of it a bit later, but let's start with magic items...

From 10500 starting gold...

1. A Headband for the primary mental stat (int, wis, cha) +2 (2000-- normally would be 4000, but it's a wondrous item made from a spell that our wizard can cast, so only half-cost). Probably go with wisdom?

2. Belt for primary physical stat (str, con, dex) +2 (2000) Probably CON, unless I'm misreading the page and they don't have a CON score.

3. Your primary weapon-- a +1 something, between 2000-2100 . Probably a heavy mace or morningstar, unless there is a deity's favored weapon worth taking.

4. Masterwork secondary weapon-- ranged if the primary is melee, or vice-versa. 300-400 g

5. Handy haversack: 1450 g (this may not be necessary, but it's probably gonna be convenient)

This is about 8000 g spent, leaving about 2.5k. +1 armor and shields are a bit over 1k each. We want the best medium armor we can get for his DEX bonus, and probably a breastplate and a heavy steel shield, which are 1200 and 1020, respectively.

The few hundred gold remaining could be spent on wands or scrolls or whatever kinds of adventurers' kits or something flavorful. Anyway, I think the above accounts for most of the gold and leaves our cleric fairly well-equipped.

ETA: cloak of resistance is 515 gold with our crafting discount. Probably worth it.
                        Last edited by Spartacus; 11-24-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• As for spells, I think it's safe to assume that the cleric has at least 16 of the primary spellcasting stat (wisdom, unless we're going with some variant?) which means 1 bonus spell of 1st, second, and 3rd levels, meaning that at 5th level, we're dealing with:

4 0-level

4 1-level + 1 domain

3 2-level + 1 domain

2 3-level + 1 domain

the list of spells can be found here:
                          http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-...lists---cleric

Comment

• From the above link, the class (non-domain) spells that I think might be worth having.

light
                            mending
                            read magic
                            detect magic

bless
                            bane
                            comprehend languages
                            summon monster
                            (other options: detect [alighment], protection from [alignment], doom, divine favor, remove fear)

hold person
                            lesser restoration
                            sound burst
                            (other options: zone of truth, bear's endurance, bull's strength)

Dispel magic
                            searing light
                            (also options: blindness/deafness or bestow curse, or remove blindness/deafness or curse)

Comment

• 1) Protection from Evil, Detect Evil and Divine Favor should be high on the 'get first chance I get' list

2) no suggestions

3) The options should also be on that list.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• I have returned from vacation.

So in Pathfinder the cost for a masterwork weapon isn't cumulative with the cost for a +1 magic item (IE 2300 GP + Basic item cost, rather than 2000 + Basic Item cost)?

P.S. I may now be directing my question to CV since RumTumTugger seems to be very busy or something... naturally a separate thread would now be indicated.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X