No announcement yet.

Pathfinder One-Shot: Any Takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there limits r.e. which magic items can we get discounted through Draco's item creation? e.g. Ring of Protection requires a spell that's not on a wizard's spell list. Do we pay full cost if we want one?
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      Are there limits r.e. which magic items can we get discounted through Draco's item creation? e.g. Ring of Protection requires a spell that's not on a wizard's spell list. Do we pay full cost if we want one?
      Nope. Unless you're planning something CRAZY, I'll allow that you can hire a Spellcaster (cost is Spell Level x Caster Level x 10 GP) for a, "Live," casting of the Spell.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        Nope. Unless you're planning something CRAZY, I'll allow that you can hire a Spellcaster (cost is Spell Level x Caster Level x 10 GP) for a, "Live," casting of the Spell.
        ... and I'm all but drooling over the potential cheese.

Comment

... and I'm all but drooling over the potential cheese.
          Just remember... What's good for the Players is good for the GM.

Comment

I think I've figured out everything but my skills, one feat, and some 1500 gold left over after buying my equipment.

Anyone else making progress?

Comment

I'm somewhat at a loss on what to do for magic items. That's most of what I'm missing.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                I'm somewhat at a loss on what to do for magic items. That's most of what I'm missing.
                A belt that boosts your primary physical stat (STR, DEX, CON), a handy haversack or bag of holding, maybe a backup melee weapon or some enchanted armor

Find the most effective (or flavorful) ways of boosting your character's damage, durability, and utility, and, if it's a wondrous item, it costs somewhere between 50-70% of the listed price, so you can splurge a little more.

Comment

Will a coat pistol fit in a wrist sheath? If yes, do the bonuses for sleight of hand to oppose detection stack?
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Will a coat pistol fit in a wrist sheath? If yes, do the bonuses for sleight of hand to oppose detection stack?
                    I just did a quick skim... I don't see anything that says they wouldn't stack, so I'll allow it.

Comment

K, so draco, teal, carrik, and I have all made significant progress... so we're mostly waiting on RG's (very literal) healbot? Has anyone heard from him?

Comment

K, so draco, teal, carrik, and I have all made significant progress... so we're mostly waiting on RG's (very literal) healbot? Has anyone heard from him?
                        Beep boop.
                        Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                        I'd need help with character creation
                        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                          Beep boop.
                          Shoot me a PM. I'll lend you a hand later today.

Comment

I'd like some input.

I'm currently geared towards an up-close-and-personal handgun type (with flair). I could pretty easily shift to a long range (40ft or more) sort of gunman. Does it make sense to do that instead? CV, can I expect to have the range to utilize, or should I be prepared for a mix of close encounters? Are advanced firearms allowed? I can make it work with a musket, but a rifle changes the game by a lot.

Thoughts?
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

There's a line from Quigley Down Under that comes to mind...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'd like some input.

I'm currently geared towards an up-close-and-personal handgun type (with flair). I could pretty easily shift to a long range (40ft or more) sort of gunman. Does it make sense to do that instead? CV, can I expect to have the range to utilize, or should I be prepared for a mix of close encounters? Are advanced firearms allowed? I can make it work with a musket, but a rifle changes the game by a lot.

Thoughts?
                                I'm with Teal (assuming we're talking about the same line-- the one where Alan Rickman tells Tom Selleck to try his mint jello, right? )

Having both long- and short-ranged options makes a lot of sense, but I can see why focusing your build around a musket when it's not really much longer-range than the pistol alternative isn't very attractive.

I think I'm the only really melee-focused character in the party right now, but my char would also do OK in primarily long-ranged encounters. Whether we have long-ranged encoutners or not is also somewhat up to us: we can pick fights outside, lure enemies outside, have casters slow down approaching enemies with spells, etc. But then we can't be surprised if CV throws us into close quarters just to challenge us.

That said, my advice probably isn't as valuable as knowing what level of firearms you'll have available, so I guess it's up to CV?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X