Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Any chance I can aim an AoE blast through a window at the three mooks on the second floor?]
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

(Cyberpunk)

[Cyberpunk shoots the Enforcer! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 23): 26(!*) (Success! Enforcer takes no Damage!)

Your bullets were aimed well... unfortunately, the harmlessly ricochet off of a force field that the thug seems to have. He glowers at you in response.

[*GM's notes: Typically, when there's a Natural 20/Critical Hit involved, I add an Exclamation Mark.]

(Crossfire)

[GM's note: I will allow it. Though, there's no need to fire through a window... there's plenty of torn open spots in the building to fire something into]
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

[eh, the noobs on the second floor aren't a threat yet... or if they were, my x-ray vision would say so, yes?

Anyway...]

MISSION PARAMETERS SET: NO PRISONERS. NO WITNESSES.

Cross-fire's right arm opens up to reveal a fun-size railgun which he promptly aims and fires and fires and fires at the Enforcer.

[Blast 8 with rank 2 autofire, accurate attack+3
        4d20+8+3=15 to hit, DC 20, +1 for every point above what's necessary to hit, up to 25.

Comment

(Crossfire)

[Crossfire shoots at The Enforcer! Crossfire misses!]

Your arm-cannon's rounds whizz right by the target's body. He doesn't look amused.

(Bad Guys Group 1)

The Enforcer directs his hand towards Crossfire and makes a Clenching Motion (To hit: 19. Roll Grapple if hit.)
          The remaining goon charges at Crusher and unleashes a Flaming Punch (To hit: 21. Roll Toughness if hit.)

Comment

[15 on the die, 8 defense. miss.]

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              [15 on the die, 8 defense. miss.]
              [GM's note: In some games, they change the rule that you roll for Defense... but I go for the usual rule where you 'take 10' on Defense Rolls, similar to AC in D&D.]

Comment

[in which case it'd hit, and I'm at +1 to grapple. You can either take the roll 15, or roll another for me. I'm out for the weekend, in any case.]

Comment

Crusher HP:1

[Defense Bonus is +6, so that’s a hit. Crusher is at -I to Toughness saves due to being Injured (Unless the previous round has ended and he can make a Con check for recovery ??)]

Toughness Save (Impervious 8):1d20+7 → [12,7] = (19)
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

(Crusher)

[GM's note: Yep. this is technically a new round, so you can make your Recovery check]

[Grunt B attacks Crusher! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 21): IMPERVIOUS! (Crusher Takes No Damage)

As the goon's flaming fist connects with a loud CRACK, your rock hide heats up for a brief moment, then cools right off.

Apparently, the crack was his fist.

(Crossfire)

[The Enforcer Attempts to Grapple with Crossfire!]

Grapple Results:
                    Crusher 16 vs Enforcer 26(!) (The Enforcer Wins!)

The thug's telekinetic grip elevates you up in the air about 60 Feet and leaves you dangling, like some sort of mechanical puppet.

Comment

[assuming I get to act... what are the other 3 mooks up to?]

Comment

Crusher HP:1

Con check for Recovery:1d20+8 → [6,8] = (14)

The hairline crack in Crusher's side, left after the goons' combined assault started the fight, closes as the rock around it seems to soften and glow with heat. A blackened 'scab', like the surface of recently cooled lava, is the only sign of the damage.

[I assume in your last GM post you meant Crossfire to be hoisted into the air??]

{If it's Crusher up next, he will use his move action to Teleport to behind the Enforcer, then take a swing at him. I'll post the text and rolls here, if it's not Crusher's move yet can they be used when it is...?}

With a low grinding rumble, Crusher sinks into the ground, disappearing out of sight...!

....only to emerge in a small cloud of dust, behind the Enforcer. Raising both hands clenched together, Crusher swings his clenched fists down at the Enforcer, like chopping wood.

Melee Attack:1d20+8 → [17,8] = (25), Damage 10, Lethal
                        Last edited by MaxVel; 09-12-2014, 10:22 AM.
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

[GM's note: yeah, I meant Crossfire. My bad. I was in a rush this morning for work. ]

Comment

(Crusher)

[Crusher attacks The Enforcer! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 25): 11 (FAIL! The Enforcer has been Slain)

Your fists connect with a loud "SPLAT," rendering him into a human-sized pancake. As you bring your hands up, you notice that the parts you used for business are covered in... Yellow?

[Crossfire and Cyberpunk... making moves?]

Construction Yard 3.png
                            Last edited by Chaotic Void; 09-12-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Cyberpunk moves to H18 and takes a shot with his Cyber-Cannon.

Attack Roll-Blast 8/Ballistic Shot:1d20=18+8=26
                              "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              I support the :
                              sigpic

Comment

(Cyberpunk)

[Cyberpunk shoots Grunt A! It hits!]

Toughness Save (DC 23): 18 (FAIL! Grunt A is Slain!)

Your bullets pierce the goon's body, finishing him off with one square between the eyes. As he falls over backwards, his wounds... secrete yellow?

(Crossfire)

Toughness Save Results (DC 21): 23

As the Enforcer gets squashed, Crossfire falls from high up in the air. After a loud thud, the mechanical humanoid stands up unscathed.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X