Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likewise Crusher.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• As the party travels through the portal, they find themselves in a small building. You're not sardines, but it's still a slightly awkward fit. The figure looks at your discomfort and replies, "Sorry about that. One moment." He snaps his fingers and the building seems to expand to a much more accommodating size.

"Welcome to my own little slice of paradise. It's a dimensional rift that only I- and whomever I give permission- have authority to access. Speaking of which," he rifles through his pockets before giving you each a small pendant with a purple stone in it, "these are yours; they give you permission to travel to this rift. However, they have limitations: First and foremost, you need to be by a wall for them to work. Second of all, they require a 24 hour recharge time between each use. How's that work? Well, You can basically come here for a bit, leave, and then you have to wait 24 hours."

He motions to a table with three folders, "There's your targets. All the information I have on them is currently within those three folders. Take a look at 'em and see me when you decide who you want to drop first."

As he goes to a door marked, 'MY room,' he turns around slightly and says, "By the way, the name's Nexus."

CHAPTER 1 (Hell's Welcoming Committee!) COMPLETE!

Rewards:
      "Hardly Hellish, Even With Relish..." - The party gains 3 Power Points for completing this mission and dropping their would-be assailants.

[Put this Under "Equipment":
      -"Rift Pendant" (Dimensional Super-Movement 1. Requires Wall and 24-hour Recharge between uses)

Also... YAY! You have a Headquarters now! It's basically got everything you need (tinker room, database, infirmary, the usual), so I won't bother going into detail.]
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATION: Twenty-four hours from initial activation of pendant-- or from departure
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• [GM's note: 'after you leave (the rift)']

Comment

• Cyberpunk goes and takes a look at the three folders on the Table.
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

• Cross-fire joins in the mission folder reading thing.

Comment

• Crusher HP:1

Crusher blinks in surprise at finding himself in a new dimension... "This guy sure has some weird powers... Is he even human at all? And can we really trust him...?", her suspicious journalist instincts kick in almost straight away. She takes the pendant in one large fist, thinking she should get a longer chain for it, and nods understanding as Nexus explains the set-up.

Once Nexus has left, Crusher goes over to the table with the others to check the files.

Comment

• Looking through the files, you gain a quick sampling of what kind of depraved nutbars you're up against.

The Syndicate.jpg
                  The Syndicate

Known Crimes: Murder, Extortion, Import/Export/Manufacture of Illegal Substances
                  Known Operatives: Don Tommy (No known powers, beyond being an able marksman), The Snowman (Cold Controller), and The Phantom (Shadow Psychic), Various Grunts with Various Powers

The Lowdown:
                  These guys are your standard-issue crime gang. ‘Protection’ Rackets, Drug Deals, Killing people… these guys have done it all. The major gangs in Purgatory were originally pretty fragmented, but their new Leader- Don Tommy- seems to have done the impossible and got them all united. Whatever’s got them all on the same page has got a lot of people nervous.

Hairthulu Cultist.jpg

The Strands of Hairthulu

Known Crimes: Murder, Human Trafficking, Theft
                  Known Operatives: Strands (basic Cultists), Hairballs (Monstrous Entities made from a Willing Strand and a Ritual)
                  The Lowdown:
                  Ah, the Strands… these guys have been kicking around for quite some time. What they lack in uniqueness- seriously, they’re just a bunch of creepy cultists with a hair schtick- they make up for in numbers. Their cult seems to be growing on a daily basis. Who runs this pseudo-religious loony bin and why they seem obsessed with Purgatory is beyond me.

The Brood Group Shot.jpg

The Brood
                  Known Crimes: Murder, Assassination, Corporate Espionage, Illegal Arms Manufacture/Shipping
                  Known Operatives: Viper (Power Armor), Cobra (Advanced Sniper Rifle), Fang (Explosives Expert), Dr. Mongoose (Illusion Mastery)

The Lowdown:
                  These guys are Mercenaries, pure and simple. One minute they sell you R&D stuff or weapons, the next they’ll rip the fruits of your labor from your cold, dead hands; ‘Whatever’s Profitable’ is the adage. However, there is one weird thing about them: While most mercs will sell their services to the highest bidder, The Brood has been known to be rather picky about which contracts they’ll fulfill.

Comment

Crusher reads the files with a sense of nervous anticipation, not much alleviated once he sees who they're going to try and take down.

”Well, this ain't the Little League, that's for sure. They're all dangerous, but I think that maybe the Syndicate is the key group. If they keep getting the gangs together they'll be pretty hard to stop. Disorganised crime is bad enough, but organised crime...”
                    Crusher lets the thought tail off.

”What do you guys think? Where should we start?”

Comment

• no preference

Comment

”OK. Do you have any strategic planning circuitry?” Crusher asks the android.

”Say we go after the Syndicate first, any thoughts on how to approach the job?”

Comment

• PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: compromise integrity of target organization SYNDICATE

objective requires eliminating means used to unite gangs.

Comment

Crusher thinks for a moment, trying to parse what the android is saying, before replying ”So... You're saying we should target the leader.. this 'Don Tommy' guy?

That makes sense - and maybe we could find a way of removing him without actually killing him. If he lost credibility with the other crims, he couldn't unite them...”

Comment

• insufficient data

Comment

”Well, there is that. Once we're back in the real world, I... I mean my friend, Helen, uh, she could maybe do some investigation.”

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X