Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    [Okay, I'm gonna assume everyone picked an apple or two from the way y'all were talking. That, and because I'm EVIL! Bwahahahaha!]

As you are leaving, Twig is hit in the shoulder (no damage). Glancing around, he sees nothing that could have thrown anything and looking down he notices an apple rolling around as if it had just fallen there after hitting him. Nothing stirs until he turns to go again when he is promptly hit with yet another apple, this time on his back. Again, no one is there.

Actions?
    [I didn't. I threatened Twig to try to dissuade him ]

"Ignore it. Ride on."
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• "If they're willing to waste perfectly good apples as missiles, then they obviously didn't miss the one I snagged. They've got good aim though," Twig says as he rides on.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [Um, okay... I'm gonna assume CV is good with that plan. Moving right along...]

The mystery assailant proves his/her aim a few dozen more times as the group moves on.

Evening is falling as you emerge from the Dark Forest. The Glad Glade doesn't look particularly cheery in the gloom but you pass through it without any trouble. You come to the edge of a precipitous cliff, which is fortunately marked by a large sign reading 'Precipitous Cliff', and are finally looking out over Gossamer Gulch. It evidently gets its name from the fine mist of fog lying over it - other than a few feet out from the cliff and the other side just visible in the dark, you can't make out a thing.

The road does lead down into the gulch - what you can see of it hugs the cliff and doesn't seem overly wide. Tossing a rock doesn't help much - it takes a long time to hit bottom and something squawks when it does.

There is a ramshackle shed near the road not far from the cliff. It appears abandoned in the gloom.

Actions?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• []
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [check the shed. If nothing interesting, take the path.]

Comment

• [I agree]

Gades checks out the shed to see if there's anything interesting there.

[Need me to roll Spot or anything?]
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• "Negotiating a narrow path at dusk in a fog is not my idea of a good time. Perhaps we should wait until morning to negotiate it."

[Is the path wide enough for horses? And who threw something over the side? Twig sure didn't.]
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [who has the lowest WIS score? ]

Comment

• [Spot check: yes.
                    Path is wide enough to ride down single file.
                    If you don't want to chuck the rock then you don't - and forget the bit about how deep it is.
                    FYI: nothing (really) bad will happen from dumb things I merely go ahead and assume you did. I'll let you get in trouble all by yourselves! ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Spot: 11 + 3 = 14]

Comment

• The shed seems empty enough but something is wrong. Gades looks around carefully then he realizes - it's too small. The inside doesn't match the outside in size and there is only one room.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Psst! CV!]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Gades says to his allies, "That's unusual. This thing is smaller on the inside... and there's only one room. Think we should look into this?"

Comment

• "Do you think there might be a hidden room?"

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X