Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus
    replied
    Ratzus nods. "Find the survey team, bring everyone back alive. Where do we start looking?"

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    The woman nods her head in acceptance of Ratzus' answer. She looks over the four of you for a quick moment. "Well," she says at last, "I could have hoped there would be more of you, but this will have to do." She pauses briefly.

"Three weeks ago, a team was ordered to survey the surrounding area and suggest possibly locations for the establishment of a new waystation. The team consisted of three men and one woman and their retinue. They were due to report back last week, but there has been no sign of them. I can't afford to send any of my men and women to investigate. If you wish to help, please try and find them. Let me know whatever you find out so I can inform my superiors."

"I hesitate to ask this of you, especially since I have no idea of your particular skills. There's not much choice. I'll have to trust that Ratzus here is able to bring you back in one piece." She looks at Ratzus expectantly.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Zwycky
    replied
    "Colin and I will happily assist," adds Kevian. "What is it that needs to be done?"

Leave a comment:

• Pinoy
    replied
    "I will help too", Nataer interjected.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Ratzus:
    The woman faces Ratzus. "Well met, Shield Brother. I was hoping you would offer your services. What chapter do you hail from?"
    He salutes. "Bepool. I have extended leave for personal things."

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Ratzus:
    The woman faces Ratzus. "Well met, Shield Brother. I was hoping you would offer your services. What chapter do you hail from?"

Calpurnius:
    "My clothing is provided by the Companions, so I don't really know," the woman replies. "The market square is in the northwest part of the city, though. The permanent shops are located south of that."

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Calpurnius:

The woman's eyebrows raise in surprise. "You...wish to help?" She looks you over appraisingly. "There's a matter you could help with, but it will take more than just you." She hesitates. "Your clothing probably won't survive, though."
    "In that case, I'd better visit a local rag shop first. Can you recommend one?"

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Ratzus steps in. "I can help."

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Calpurnius:

The woman's eyebrows raise in surprise. "You...wish to help?" She looks you over appraisingly. "There's a matter you could help with, but it will take more than just you." She hesitates. "Your clothing probably won't survive, though."

Leave a comment:

• Pinoy
    replied
    When Nataer finishes eating approaches the woman as the same time as Calpurnius. But when Carpurnius was first to say something, Nataer did not continue what he is about to say instead he just listened.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Calpurnius approaches the woman after he finishes eating, and says, "Good day, m'lady. Thank you for your hospitality. Is there anything I or my companions can help you with in repayment?"

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Travel weariness overtakes you, and soon all in the room are fast asleep. The next sound you hear is that of a fist pounding on the door followed by a shout that breakfast is ready. Morning ablutions completed, you head out across the grounds to the hall where you ate the night before.

The Companions believe that the first meal sets the tone for the rest of the day. Thick slices of bacon and fluffy, golden biscuits are piled high on plates set out on the tables. Bowls filled with creamy gravy sit adjacent to the biscuits, and pitchers of chilled water cut with wine are waiting on the tables.

As you eat, you notice that the hall is not nearly as full as it had been last night. There are roughly two dozen men and women in their grey cloaks, but nearly all of the guests are missing. You see the woman you're looking for standing by the door. Those present eat their meals and disband; those in cloaks presumably heading off to their various tasks. The guests eat quickly and head for the door, ducking their head and hurrying out into the morning sunlight. The woman looks grim, and her frown deepens as each guest leaves without speaking to her. Before long, the four of you are the only guests left in the hall.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Zwycky
    replied
    [I guess we all go to sleep, then, and see what tasks are set before us in the morning?]

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    [yes - sorry, swamped at work the last couple days]
    [No need to apologize. I just don't want us to bog down this early. ]

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    [yes - sorry, swamped at work the last couple days]

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X