No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Mercenaries (D&D 3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Calpurnius is buying a set or two of clothing he can wear out in the bush.]
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[6 days trail rations, 30 sp. Bedroll, 1 sp. signal whistle, 8 sp Holy symbol, 1 gp (forgot to put that on my character sheet). Peasant's outfit (unless you want the half-orc to run around in just a breastplate and cloak), 1 sp. Total cost: 5 gp]
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Kevian does a weather forecast:

survival: 2+15+2{above ground bonus due to knowledge(nature)}=19
        --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Kevian:

The sky looks clear, and you expect it to be sunny and hot until late tomorrow morning.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[i will be buying arrows: normal 20 (1gp), cold iron 20 (2gp), adamantine 5 (300gp), silvered (40gp)]

Comment

Purchases made, the you make your way out of the city, reaching the gates just before noon. A rough dirt road stretches away to the north, though it's much narrower than you would have expected. There doesn't seem to be any traffic on it all.

As you approach the gates, you are stopped by two male humans in worn steel breastplates. At their sides are strapped longswords, and a heavy steel shield is slung across their back. The man on the right steps in front of you. "Halt!" he says. "It is not safe to journey past the walls. Turn back."
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

"The gates were open yesterday. What has changed?"

Comment

[I think you would have come in from the south, but it doesn't matter. The gates are open right now, too, but the guards are just trying to keep you from going out.]

Ratzus:

The guard frowns at you disapprovingly before returning his attention to the other three. "Which of you owns this thing?"
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Ratzus growls as he adjusts the cloak so as to draw attention to the emblem of the Companions. "Jeul."

Comment

"He is free to do as he pleases."

A weasel slips out the gate to see what's on the other side.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Nataer approaches from the back of the group, and ask "Why is it dangerous to travel outside?"

Comment

All:

The guard is clearly unimpressed by Ratzus' display, but he makes no further comment. He looks askance at Nataer's question. "Are you daft? It's the jungle. No telling what you'll encounter out there. And that's if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, the orcs'll...well, you get the idea."

Calpurnius:

Beyond the city gate, a dirt road leads away from the city in a northerly direction. To either side, all the trees within a thousand yards of the wall have been completely cleared away. Maintaining it is obviously an ongoing process. Beyond this stretch, the jungle grows unimpeded. It's difficult to see very far into the dense vegetation.

Nothing moves on the road ahead. There are no people in sight.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[oh no! the jungle! If only we had someone in our party who is attuned to nature, like a ranger or a druid!]

Comment

Calpurnius shrugs. "We all got to the city without incident yesterday."

sigpic

Comment

Ratzus takes a deliberate, deep breath and steps aside and back to let the rest of the party try to manage the negotiations.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X