Wordle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordle

I've been playing Wordle for years. I don't care that the enemy (New York Times) bought and sponsors it now, I am going to continue playing it until it becomes another propaganda tool for them.

Anyway, I was playing it today and the answer suddenly changed in mid game. The letters I had correctly identified switched halfway through, now it is unlikely I am going to get the answer. Frustrating.

Anyone else play this game?

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Wordle is demoic.

The fact that it's the same word everyone is idiotic. If you like Wordle, look up the game Jotto or the American tv show, Lingo.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Maybe somebody at the Times thought the answer was racist or politically incorrect.
      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        I've been playing Wordle for years. I don't care that the enemy (New York Times) bought and sponsors it now, I am going to continue playing it until it becomes another propaganda tool for them.

Anyway, I was playing it today and the answer suddenly changed in mid game. The letters I had correctly identified switched halfway through, now it is unlikely I am going to get the answer. Frustrating.

Anyone else play this game?
        Yesterday's should have been "impel"
        Today's is "Havoc"
        Tomorrow's is "Molar"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yesterday's should have been "impel"
          Today's is "Havoc"
          Tomorrow's is "Molar"

Yesterday, the answer I arrived at was "Mound"

Today, it identified that I had an "e" correctly placed in the fifth position. My daughter called so I left and picked up again about 15 minutes later, and the uncovered letters had all changed. I had tried an "h" but it said it was incorrect initially, but afterward showed it was a correct letter. The "e" disappeared completely.

I think it is the NYT sabotaging me.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
            Maybe somebody at the Times thought the answer was racist or politically incorrect.
            I always start with the same word: STARE. It eliminates two common vowels and three common consonants. This morning it said my "e" was correct and in the right place. Then it changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Wordle is demoic.

The fact that it's the same word everyone is idiotic. If you like Wordle, look up the game Jotto or the American tv show, Lingo.
              I remember watching Lingo many, many years ago.

Comment

I always start with the same word: STARE. It eliminates two common vowels and three common consonants. This morning it said my "e" was correct and in the right place. Then it changed.
                I just did it and the answer was "HAVOC" no e at all. Hmmm. Are you playing the NYT version?

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Comment

I just did it and the answer was "HAVOC" no e at all. Hmmm. Are you playing the NYT version?

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
                  Yes. I even reloaded my browser, which was the recommendation online.

This happened before, like back in March, when a couple in my family got a different word than others. It also happened when I got the word "FETUS" and no one else in my family did. That was because I logged on before NYT changed it because of the Roe-V-Wade story (I think)?.

Yes, it finally ended telling me the word was HAVOC. It just gave me bogus clues.

Comment

Yes. I even reloaded my browser, which was the recommendation online.

This happened before, like back in March, when a couple in my family got a different word than others. It also happened when I got the word "FETUS" and no one else in my family did. That was because I logged on before NYT changed it because of the Roe-V-Wade story (I think)?.

Yes, it finally ended telling me the word was HAVOC. It just gave me bogus clues.
                    the NYT is out to mess with your mind.

Try MOLAR tomorrow.

Comment

the NYT is out to mess with your mind.

Try MOLAR tomorrow.
                      ? You have an inside mole at NYT?

Comment

? You have an inside mole at NYT?
                        I am a pirate.

Comment

I am a pirate.
                          OK. Where should I buy the next winning Big Lotto ticket?

carnac.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Wordle is demoic.

That's only because you downloaded the demo. Try downloading the real version this time and it should work this time.

Comment

I am a pirate.
                              Shouldn't it be "MOLARR!" then?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X