World of Warcraft anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

A lot of different ones. For a while. we played WoW, EQ2, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV, and right now we have been playing a lot of Fallout 76 and Demonologist.

It's gotten a lot easier to invite people to Discord and many games have their own official servers where you can group with random people there. Also, I thought WoW did have its own voice chat. I know EQ2 did and even would move your character's mouth when you talked. It was a neat feature.
    Battlenet has a voice chat option but it is basically the same as discord in that it is not in the game and you have to have friends lists and so on. The game itself only has the chat window.

Another problem with me joining guilds and groups is that I don't play games that often. I am more of a casual player, so I would not be available for regular raids and groups and my skills would be always lacking compared to dedicated gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Battlenet has a voice chat option but it is basically the same as discord in that it is not in the game and you have to have friends lists and so on. The game itself only has the chat window.
      At least with Discord you can just give someone a link to click and they can join the channel that way. I'm surprised that WoW doesn't have an in-game voice chat option as most MMO games do these days.

Another problem with me joining guilds and groups is that I don't play games that often. I am more of a casual player, so I would not be available for regular raids and groups and my skills would be always lacking compared to dedicated gamers.
      While most of the people in the group are on fairly often we have multiple people who are disabled* and the occasional casual gamer as well so as long as a person is trying their best we don't care if their skills aren't at the level of our more experienced players.

*One has Parkinsons, and one had a stroke and is visually impaired. I still do well in most games but I'm not what I used to be before CRPS.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X