Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

I'm going to make one of these "So, hi" posts whenever I drop in, I guess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to make one of these "So, hi" posts whenever I drop in, I guess?

Hello, I'm back.

For like a few days maybe to do the migration. But, hi, anyway.

Given that people have expressed interest in what I've been doing - here goes. I'm starting a PhD in Computer Science, particularly agent-based simulations/modelling, in September. Including a full studentship incl. fees and £14k/year to live on. Yay! I finished my first degree a few weeks back and have spent the time with my partner, gaming occasionally, and desperately tearing through research materials trying to get prepared

Apart from that.. very little. Been reading a bit, need a new bookcase Been trying to keep up with the LoL eSports scene and failing dramatically. Plus a bit of local activismy-charity-y-things whenever I have time.

So, how is everyone?

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
    Hello, I'm back.

For like a few days maybe to do the migration. But, hi, anyway.

Given that people have expressed interest in what I've been doing - here goes. I'm starting a PhD in Computer Science, particularly agent-based simulations/modelling, in September. Including a full studentship incl. fees and £14k/year to live on. Yay! I finished my first degree a few weeks back and have spent the time with my partner, gaming occasionally, and desperately tearing through research materials trying to get prepared

Apart from that.. very little. Been reading a bit, need a new bookcase Been trying to keep up with the LoL eSports scene and failing dramatically. Plus a bit of local activismy-charity-y-things whenever I have time.

So, how is everyone?
    I'm not doing too shabby. Still working in retail (though I'm now in the Cash Office, which means I get to do paperwork and avoid people for most of the day). Had a girlfriend for a few months, but that didn't pan out so well.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      I'm not doing too shabby. Still working in retail (though I'm now in the Cash Office, which means I get to do paperwork and avoid people for most of the day). Had a girlfriend for a few months, but that didn't pan out so well.
      Woo promotion! Well. Less dealing with people, it's a promotion in my book.

on the girlfriend though. I wish you the best

Comment

Mostly the same for me. Well, other than the fact that I have gotten to go fishing with Sparko. Oh, and a few of my friends are on steam more regularly, so we've been getting to play some. One of them has been having trouble with his internet connection. Hopefully the lag problem changes soon.

Comment

(Don't click the link, mossy, don't click the link..........)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            (Don't click the link, mossy, don't click the link..........)
            Yeah, there are new pictures too, so I don't think you want to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post

So, how is everyone?
              We've all discovered that mossy is skittish of pictures that include catfish.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Catfish?!?!?!

I got a part time job!!!!!

Drat, I just noticed this thread and now I have to go... See y'all tomorrow!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, hi.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I signed a lease for my very own apartment Looking forward to quitting my job in a few weeks to move and get ready to start school.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Congrats, TWA!

So, Chris, don't be a stranger. We know you're busy - but don't forget you've got friends here.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I took a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I took a nap.
                          Drunken stupors don't count as naps.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Drunken stupors don't count as naps.
                            They do to me!

Comment

I'm a published sci-fi author now, and not just self-pubbed
                              --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment