Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Jokes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    It's a lot of fun to take the phrase "make like a _______ and _______" and fill in the blanks (preferably in a way that actually makes sense). Such as:

Let's make like a baby and head out.

Let's make like the French Revolution and head off.

Let's make like a sea monster and get krakken!*

*Alas, only the last one is actually of my own invention.

ETA: the more I think about that last one, the more I think it needs to be rephrased. Oh, well. I laughed when I came up with it, years ago.

Let's make like a tree and leaf

Let's make like a banana and split
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Can anyone add to this list?

About as useful as....

...soap false teeth

...an ashtray on a motorbike

...a margarine gearbox

Comment

What did Gandalf say to the student who didn't study?

"You shall not pass!"
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          What did Gandalf say to the student who didn't study?

"You shall not pass!"
          How many quarters does it take to play the Lord of the Rings pinball game?

None -- it only takes Tolkiens

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What did St. Patrick say when he drove the snakes out of Ireland?

"Are ye all right in the back there, lads?"
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The Carolina Panthers' wide receivers.
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

What's the difference between a stage musician and a scientist who studies rodent behaviour?

One pulls rabbits out of hats, the other pulls habits out of rats.

Comment

Operator: 911, what is your emergency?

Caller: My wife is going into labor and I don't know what to do.

Operator: Is this her first born?

Caller: No, this is her husband.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

There are three problems with growing old.

There's loss of memory..... .... I forget the other two.

Comment

I once complained I had no shoes, then met a man who had no feet; it turns out he had a pair of shoes he wasn't using.

Comment

What type of music do mummies listen to?

Wrap music

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why don't shrimp ever share anything with anybody?

Because they're a little shellfish

Comment

What did the ghost say to the wall?

I'm just passing through

Comment

What do prisoners use to call each other?

Cell phones

Comment

What did the ocean say to the boat?

Nothing. It just waved.

Comment