Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Favorite fictional character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite fictional character?

What's your favorite fictional character, genre, and story formats?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Gosh, that is a hard one because I have tons, just to name a few from things I've read/seen recently:

Elsa - she's from frozen and I really thought she was a very good and interesting character.
    Rapunzel - I'm taking about the Disney version and I do enjoy her own personality and the way she handles the situation she finds herself in.
    Captain Picard - Yes, I am an avid Star Trek fan and I'm mostly talking about the one they wrote after the series. I liked his character in the series while in the books he has come around quite a bit. He is actually married in the latest books and even has a son. It is interesting change from how he was portrayed in the show/movies.

I know I could name off even more, but I need to move onto genre:

Fantasy - I've always enjoyed fantasy movies and backgrounds. That might be why I usually enjoy most Disney movies.
    Science fiction - I could blame my dad for this due to watching many of the popular science fiction shows that were on when I was growing up. I do remember watching new episodes of The Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise as well as the Star Gate series. I also keep up on the Star Trek novels too.

Hope that is what you're looking for. I could go on a lot longer, but I do have other things to do tonight.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I like speculative fiction and family friendly stories. How about favorite superhero? I like superman, batman, and the flash. I also like children's cartoons. Not really a fan of anything r-rated.

Comment

The count in Alexandre Dumas's the Count of Monte Cristo and any character that Dostoyevsky creates.

Comment

Sam Gamgee - the books.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Who was the main character in the LOTR? Seems like Frodo wasn't the only one?

Comment

Peeta Mellark. I love him. Hence the cardboard cutout. (Thankfully he's a fictional character otherwise my real life boy might have a problem with it). Also I like dystopias and historical fiction. Fantasy sometimes.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Fictional character? Batman. Most of what I do read is non-fiction but my favorite fiction genre is fantasy. I like Jill Pole from the Narnia books.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Hmm, favorite fictional character is tough... I like a lot of characters from LOTR, especially Frodo, Gandalf, and Aragorn, and Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I'm not sure which of those would be my favorite. If you count TV Lelouch from Code Geass is probably my favorite of all-time, hence my avatar. My favorite genres are fantasy and realism, although alternate history has been growing on me as of late. Favorite story format would definitely be novel.

Comment

My favorite fictional character is probably Changer from Jane Lindskold's book of the same name.

I primarily read fantasy, but I'm open to pretty much everything. I'm not sure what you mean by story format.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[QUOTE= I'm not sure what you mean by story format.[/QUOTE]

Do you prefer to read, listen to, or watch a story?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Do you prefer to read, listen to, or watch a story?
                        Read, without question. You left one out, though, and that is write. I do that too.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

My favorite character is Erick: Mr. PTO, himself. I love fantasy and other fictions. As far as format, my favorites are when the characters have to go through some sort of Joseph Campbell's "The Heroes Quest".

heros-Journey.jpg
                          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

I used to enjoy Jack Ryan (from Tom Clancy's work), haven't been reading as much lately, and of course that line is gone (as is Clancy).

Maybe Red from the Red Green show, that reminds me I haven't watched in in a while... A treat is always watching Red Green back to back with Red Dwarf. Maybe with some Fawlty Towers thrown in too...
                            No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Favorites is a tough thing. Especially when you bring Kingdom Hearts into the mix. Probably my first favorite from that series would be Riku. I'm so glad he's left the "dark side".

Comment